1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I know how that stupid pump rub goes. just had to replace mine last year. The stupid c-clip makes it so the whole transfer case needs to be pulled instead of just splitting the case half and pulling that part out.

And thanks, my daughter loved sledding that way. It was a good day, some offroading in the snow, and on some back roads and got some shooting in, in the middle of it too.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I located and connected my trailer aux power and brake wire this afternoon. They were located under the brake booster wrapped up with lots of tape and held to the fire wall with a clip. Clip was an PITA to remove from the wires. After I got them free I connected the aux power to the proper terminal on the factory fuse box using an old nut from a broken aux light (finally random junk that became useful), 1/4 of my tube of dielectric grease, and some washers. Since I don't have a brake controller yet I just routed the wire in to the cab and zip-tied it out of the way.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Here's a pro tip, [MENTION=52248]Conlan Rose[/MENTION] -- you can order huge tubes of dielectric grease online from Amazon.com for about the cost of the tiny tubes at places likean AutoZone. :)
  4. Conlan Rose

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] I think the tube I got at Autozone was about 5 dollars and its lasted through many projects which has surprised me, but I will look in to that.
  5. SurrealOne

[MENTION=52248]Conlan Rose[/MENTION], I go through it like mad -- as I'm often removing and reapplying it to ground points, battery terminals, ANL fuse posts and connectors, etc. when I do a new electrical mod. Small tubes just don't hold me. :)
  6. Conlan Rose

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION], Recently I have began to use it a lot more and probably should use it even more than I do. I am told this is the grease you use on the door seals as well so a big tube will be very useful.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Had more fun at Home Depot.. You should see the face of people when I put 4x8 plywood and sheetrock in my Avalanche..:rofl:

Photo-0479.jpg
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I drove some friends around in it and impressed everyone with my running board LEDs and heated rear seats. And wished that the weather were good enough to take it and wash it.
  9. Conlan Rose

Had my friends in the school auto shop pressure test the cooling system. They said its seems to be leaking every where. They listed the radiator and the lower radiator hose as possible culprits. Truck already has brand new radiator, hoses, and coolant. I will try to replace the hose clamps because I think they may be the problem.

My friends also complained about the leak in the roof which is really bad and me not having the handle for the parking brake..

- - - Updated - - -

There's a lake in my truck........ just switched out towels this will be a long night.
  10. SurrealOne

Ugh. Will covering it with a tarp help? (I'd think so if your suspicion about the roof rack mount points is correct.)

As for what I did to my truck, today -- I picked it up from the transmission mech ... complete with a new, aftermarket aluminum tailhousing from Transtar and a new, aftermarket anti-rattle pump retaining clip from Sonnax. Hopefully that'll keep the pump rub issue from cropping up, again.

I also crawled under the truck, cleaned off all excess fluid from the previous pinhole leak in the t-case, and noticed that two bolts on part of my lift kit had been undone by the mech .... and only hand tightened. (I probably would never have noticed this had I not knocked my hand against one of them and noted it was loose.) Angry, I tightened up the bolts and then checked every bolt/nut the mech might have touched to do his job. Thankfully nothing else was loose.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.