1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Cleaned the inside. Cleaned the windows, dusted off the dash and vacuumed the carpet.
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Cleaned my spare K & N air filter so I can install it later this week once it dries. Put a bottle of techron i n the tank.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Got up at 5am, headed out by 5:30am, filled up the fuel tank, drove 1.5 hours to the family lake house, hitched up the landscaping trailer, drove back toward home, and dropped the trailer off at a friend's place so that he could load it during the day. After work I headed back to his place, filled the bed with things to be moved, hitched up the (now full) trailer, and made two different stops to unload ... in the pouring rain.

I left the trailer at his new place and will have to fetch it in a few days, as I'll use it to move my own stuff into storage (hopefully the last trip)...
  4. starsilverado

starsilverado Rockstar 100 Posts

filled with fuel checked oil,trans,p/s & brake fluid.
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Had to throw the plow back on last night. Just got done doing the driveway, only about 4" of white stuff this time. Now on to do 3 more and a parking lot.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Installed a new thermostat because it was taking forever to warmup. I really miss the way GM had them on top of the engine on the 5.7L. The location on the 5.3L stinks as it empties all of the coolant out of the block when you take it out. Which I would not mind, but I just did a coolant flush a few months ago.
    Then, I contacted amazon about getting a replacement for the second power steering pump they sent me. The first one popped about 30 seconds after start up and sounded like crap. This one lasted a few months and now makes a high pitched squeal when turning right. It is not that loud, but drives me nuts. It has a one year warranty, but I was out of there 90 day return period. So, they "made an exception" and are letting me return the second one for full credit. (shipping on them)
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

replaced:

1) all 5 brake lines (russell braided steel)
    2) rear brake pads (hawk hps)
    3) all 4 rotors (powerslot cryo)
    4) all 4 brake calipers
    5) both rear axles,bearings, seals
    6) differential fluid
    7) and a complete brake fluid flush

busy weekend...
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

washed it and vacced the interior out some some. then went and pulled out a friend. look for pics in the image thread.

Alex
  9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Ordered the last of my parts for my up coming projects... now just for the snow to go away so I can start working on them.
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Got together with the machinist fabricating my coalescing filter bracket and front air manifold bracket and did a test fitting for each. The coalescing filter bracket was spot on. The front air manifold bracket stuck out a little farther than I'd like so its mounts will be cut down and rethreaded, tomorrow. (This was intentional on his part ... as it was easier to fab the mounts big, thread them, and shave them to exactly what I wanted ... than to start small and try to add material if they were too short.) Both brackets should be done Thursday, which means there may be some on board air system plumbing this weekend if the weather cooperates.

I also snagged my trailer, hitched it up, brought it back to my apartment in the city, and parked/unhitched it in preparation for loading both it and the truck, tomorrow, for what might be my final storage run until I move. *fingers crossed for weather, tomorrow, too*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.