1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Truck made the weirdest noise while leaving school parking lot... sounded kinda like a tire blow or a line, but I shut her off and walked around and found nothing..... I will check all vitals and under truck now that I'm home... Would the engine cleaning product cause a weird noise because its trying to remove deposits and such..

- - - Updated - - -

Checked all vitals everything is with in spec checked all tires and suspension components all are in good shape... no leaks minus the ones I know about. Truck sounds a little rough but it has for months its not a fan of the cold since until I owned it it stayed in a nice warm garage in the winter. I will keep my eye on all gauges and fluids the next few days.
  2. Opiewho

Opiewho New Member

^ Sounds like a backfire.
    Tonight got the new rear calipers installed with new pads,brakes bled, installed new AC/Heater Control!
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks [MENTION=59934]Opiewho[/MENTION] I just hope it didn't hurt the truck. Very rare for a modern vehicle to back fire randomly.

- - - Updated - - -

Update on my truck: while starting it today it sounded very rough and the idle was weird, it went away in eventually but it was weird. Even the exhaust was shaking from it it sounded like every once in a while it would surge then return to norm. Also smelled like unburnt gas.
  4. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member 100 Posts

Finally installed my Volant Ram Air Scoop! Ended up removing the lower few inches off the air dam to get it to fit proper, but it all turned out quite well! Need to put about 100 more miles on the truck and then see if I'll need to retune the truck.
  5. Monkeys214

Monkeys214 New Member

Kind of a cool thread..lol. Today mostly I just drove her to the store. I did attempt to contact the dealer for a little production info on my trucks specific package.....but of course, they have never heard of it. Then they tried like hell to buy it off me..lol Good times..
  6. Trucking

Trucking New Member

What did you do after lunch?

- - - Updated - - -

Just drove it to lunch today.

Yesterday installed mudflaps and a hood deflector and drove 450 miles. The hood deflector drove me nuts at 70 and above.
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

didnt take a lunch LOL
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I:
    • Removed my AVS Aeroskin hood protector (bug guard), removed the OEM double-sided tape from it, cleaned and degreased the hood and both sides of the hood protector, added 3M heavy duty double-sided tape, and replaced the hood protector on the hood
    • Installed a custom-fabricated coalescing filter bracket
    • Shortened the hose from the coolant reservoir to the radiator so that it doesn't contact the coalescing filter or the filter's bracket
    • Evacuated the AC system
    • Removed the flange nuts that hold the accumulator in place
    • Replaced said flange nuts with lock washers and custom-fabricated aluminum posts
    • Bolted the front air manifold mounting plate to the custom aluminum posts

@Conlan Rose, here are some pics of the front air manifold bracket, as I know you were interested. (I'll get pics of the coalescing filter bracket, the coalescing filter, and the front air manifold when I'm ready to mount and plumb them all.)

Here are the custom-frabricated posts for the bracket:

front_air_manifold_bracket_installed_posts.jpg

And here's the completed bracket / mounting plate:
    front_air_manifold_bracket_installed_plate.jpg

I was too tired and cold to recharge the AC system, so it waits until later this week...
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I received my switches from OTRATTW. Now I can move forward with my light install.
  10. Opiewho

Opiewho New Member

Installed a new passenger side window crank handle to replace the broken one! :) Yes...my truck has crank up windows.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.