1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had the oil changed in my Avalanche... synthetic as always. Then I drove it to pick up a 5 gallon bucket of 15W40 oil and a K&N oil filter for my Duramax. No synthetic for that... synthetic oil in a Diesel would be crazy expensive at 10 quarts per oil change.

Then I went home and did an oil change on the Sierra. Its almost ready to work hard this summer.

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

When does Surreal skip a step? Something must be going on.

3. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Replaced the alternator. This weekend I am going to give it the spring detail I do after every winter (car was last week). A friend is hooking me up with both a front and rear bumper from 94 he is taking to the scrap yard, so those will be replaced in the coming weeks.

4. Gonna get it washed an all taped up to get painted tomorrow. Interested to see how my trim does through the wash!!!! Hope I don't have to redo it :(

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Mainly drove the truck, but she's developing a lifter tick on cold starts.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Identified a P0161 code as a bank 2, sensor 2 oxygen sensor issue. It's pouring out, so no chance to see if it's just a wiring issue to the sensor. I'll take a deeper look when time and weather permit.

I also ordered a sensor socket kit (for multiple sensor types) since I don't have one. The truck's at that age/mileage where this is probably a worthwhile investment/item to have handy.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I bought an O2 sensor socket a few years back. Don't use it much but when it is needed it is nice to have.

8. Noticed I got a low rear tire so gonna find out if I got a hole or something :(

9. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Drove it to work and when I got home, hooked to boat to catch some Crappie and Catfish tomorrow! Life is Good........

10. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I drove around and bought various brass fittings, 2 ball valves, 2 Napa 4770 Fuel Filter Heads, a Napa Fuel/Water separator, a Cat 1R-0749 2 Micron absolute fuel filter. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up some 1/2" Fuel Hose and then I can start building my remote fuel filter system for the Duramax. The flatbed will be convenient for this project since it will give me a nice open spot to mount the filters where the cab will protect them from rocks hitting them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.