1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trucking

Trucking New Member

Pulled the driver's window switches out and disassembled and cleaned the contacts to resolve an intermittent operation condition with the rear and r/f windows. Pulled the headlight and dimmer switch assy, disassembled and cleaned in an attempt to get rid of a buzzing sound out the l/f speakers, no luck on this one.
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Almost sold it a week ago.... Still haven't found one to replace it "yet" that meets the specs I am looking for, there are some candidates though.

And, no the hood candy does not come with the truck.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

made a trip to pick up a steal i found on Craigs list. pics on what i got tomorrow.... alox already knows....

Alex
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I drove around and gathered up the last few parts for my remote fuel filter setup for my Duramax. Then I installed all the fittings and ball valves into the filter heads with teflon tape and such. Tomorrow I will drill the bolt holes to mount the filter heads, cut into and tap the fuel lines with compression fittings, and run the 1/2" fuel hose to the filter heads. Then I won't have to worry about the factory fuel filter letting dirt into my injectors. And as an added bonus, the CAT fuel filter is less expensive to replace than the factory GM one and will filter so much better that my GM filter should have a very long lifespan.
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

So yesterday, Got three or four miles down the road and something gave near the ds front tire. Started making a terrible creaking/scraping/swishing sound. I then turned around and have the wheel pulled off in the driveway. My problem now is the bolts that hold the brake pad holders won't budge. I soaked them with about 20 coats of PB blaster trying to remove each time between coats. I finally gave into my frustration and called it a day.

I'm heading out for me vs brake pad holder bolts round 2 in a bit. If that is a fail I plan on calling my friend with air tools. Hopefully the issue will become visible once I get it apart some more.

On a lighter note I did let temptation get the best of me in between sprays of PB Blaster...
    IMAG0773.jpg
    I like...
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Finally. Got my ram air hood on along with the grille and bumper. Today I'm going to adjust the bumper to make it flush and run all the electrical.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally. Got my ram air hood on along with the grille and bumper. Today I'm going to adjust the bumper to make it flush and run all the electrical.

Attached Files:

7. Sierraowner5.3

went to a buddys house and he helped me install my new TOW MIRRORS. super happy with the look.

Alex
  8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

You know what's coming next Alex... PICS!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. Sierraowner5.3

i would have taken some, but by the time we got done and I ate something it was dark, so the pics would have been crap.

Alex
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Picked up a bunch of lumber to re-finish the aging wood planks on the deck and deck railing.... fun times tomorrow....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.