1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X2 what surreal said! And in addtion, one can learn something useful to help oneself.
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The best way to show you feel a thread is "worthless" is not posting on it.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tonight I endeavored to find a mounting location under the truck for a set of Shocker XL horns, but ultimately liked none of my options due to rock, dirt, and debris concerns. So, I pulled the grille off and located some down-firing locations behind the grille based on individual bell length. Next I took some rough measurements and determined that I need to get a 1" high x 26" long piece of steel or aluminum for use as a mount plate -- for which I intend to go shopping in the morning. I'll also need some L brackets to support the bottoms of the bells but I'll need to complete the primary bracket before I can suss those out.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Why the negativity?
    It seems that this thread isn't worthless due to the 200+ pages....
    We're all GM guys, lets keep this forum positive - wouldn't want to turn it into something like GMFS, those guys seem to be real jerks!
  5. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Sounds like a home depot kind of morning! Have a blast.

I just ordered my 4.56's for front and rear, now hopefully my mechanic friend can help me with them soon!
  6. Opiewho

Opiewho Member

Replaced wipers, all 3 Universal Joints and the Shift Shaft Seal on the transmission. Now my 60-70mph driveline vibration is gone and my transmission fluid leak is fixed!

Next up, front idler, pitman, steering dampner and ball joints....
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Fabricated and fitted a bracket for my Shocker XL's out of 1/8" steel. Still need to fabricate polymer spacers, fabricate bell supports, paint all metal, and install it. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, I guess it has started all over again now. I finely finished my truck a little over a year ago and have done almost nothing to it in over a year. Yesterday I put a new AC Delco 145 amp Alternator on my truck to fix the battery light problem. "220 dollars at the dealer for 145 amp and new" - "Re manufactured from advance 105 amp 300 dollars" I also ordered a new cowl hood for my truck and ordered a set of four Bilstien HD shocks. Will post more after installs. :glasses:
  9. Opiewho

Opiewho Member

New belts put on before it got dark.
  10. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

MaMa, detailed the inside while I two wheeled to work! She's a Keeper........
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.