Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I:
    • Removed the grille and front bumper
    • Removed the transmission cooler
    • Fabricated 4 polymer spacers for the Shocker XL's
    • Fabricated 4 (different) bell supports for the Shocker XL's
    • Painted the bell supports
    • Installed the Shocker XL's to the main mounting bracket
    • Installed the main mounting bracket (with bells) and bell supports into the nose of the truck
    • Installed a 1/2"OD compression fitting to the upstream port of an electric air valve for the Shocker XL's
    • Installed a 4-port manifold for the Shocker XL's to the downstream port of the electric air valve
    • Installed the electric air valve (w/ manifold) for the Shocker XL's into the nose of the truck
    • Fashioned a new ground point for the electric valve and connected one lead of the electric valve to it
    • Sized, cut, routed, connected, and zip-tied into place 4 nylon air lines from the 4-port manifold to the Shocker XL's
    • Reinstalled the transmission cooler

The bumper and grille will remain off, for now, so that I can plumb an annealed copper hard line from the front air manifold (in the engine compartment) to the electric air valve and so that I can run switched +!2v to the electric air valve from the horn selector switch in the overhead console. Hopefully that'll be done this weekend, at which point I should be able to reassmble the nose of my truck.

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I started building some sideboards for the flatbed on my Duramax so I can carry things on it without them falling off every time I hit a corner or a bump.

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have to say Surreal, i admire your drive and your follow through. I am probably close to being done on mine. I am thinking about getting a newer Silverado like mine just for work. Good work S......... :glasses:

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Pulled my wheels and tires off and rotated them, while I had them off I bead blasted the backside of the wheels and painted them metalflake charcoal.
    Taped and scuffed all the suspension pieces in the wheel wells the gave them 2 coats primer and 4 coats of Black satin BBQ paint.
    Measured the front valance and bumper opening so I can buy materials to make screen grills for them.
    Polished and clear coated with Zoops clear coat a few bare metal items under the hood that were left raw metal from the factory.

5. SurrealOne

Thanks. I knew the on board air project would be complex ... but I honestly didn't see it taking the better part of a year. I'm at ~8 months from when I first assembled a high level plan of what I wanted the air system to be able to do ... and I've worked on it very regularly. I've learned a lot ... but part of me is kinda sick of it, lol. I want it done so I can enjoy it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm jealous of your blasting cabinet.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Its just a homemade set-up that I found plans for on line, I modified the plans to handle large items.
    Cost less than $200 to build.
    Once I get my computer running again Ill post the plans I used.
    It took about 10 hrs to fab.

7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Nothing yet, going to meet a potential customer and give a roofing estimate around 10, then have the rest of the day free. Should be a nice day so i am planning on plasti dipping my wheels. I'll post up some pics later.

8. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Attempted to install my leveling kit... couldn't the old keys off the torsion bar. They were rusted on... figure I will attempt it again next week... maybe rig up some sort of puller or something. I did get my new front shocks and summer rims and tires installed.

9. SurrealOne

@tbplus10, I need a place to put something like that before plans will do me any good. Right now I am sorta homeless ... as in between homes, not indigent. (I'm stalking a foreclosure and the auction date keeps getting moved. I've been at it 10 months. My lease is up and I moved to a place on a month-to-month basis ... and am basically camping there with minimal assets.)

Once I have a home AND it's renovated, then I'll be looking for one! Thanks, tho!

10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i feel your pain I'm back home with my parents for the time being but I found 178 acres up near sky valley that I'm looking into buying. If all goes well ill have it in a few months and ill start building my home. Then a huge barn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.