1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Understand, love them forclosures best money I ever spent, and the appreciations been over 100% in 8 years with a bad economy. Lots of work required but really woth it. I've remodeled the whole interior and exterior over the last 8 years and since Im so cheap me and my cat jack were the only labor force. I knew buying a house Id want it to have my style so why not save and do it my way.
  2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member 100 Posts

In the last 3 days the truck got a thorough cleaning inside and out (of course it rains today), the garage and drive were pressure washed, and the I relaced the front wheel on the Harley (which is a pain).
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I completed the horn toggle switch wiring in the overhead console. The regular horn button in the steering wheel now activates either the OEM horn or the electric air valve for the air horns depending on the position of the horn toggle switch.

Next I connected the in-cab digital pressure gauge to its sending unit in the air system's front air manifold. Once done I also wired the pressure switch into the compressor slot on my custom Bussman relay box ... and pre-ran a 12v output line from the Bussman box near where the compressor will be installed ... such that hookup will be a snap when installation time comes.

Last, I removed the bracket that supports the red plastic box which normally houses the connection between the alternator and positive battery terminal. Once done I shifted the wire positions to make room in that space for the York 210L.

More hard line plumbing, tomorrow...
  4. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Plasti dipped wheels, came out great. Having trouble getting pics off mobile. Will update with pics when I get it figured out.

wheel.jpg wheelclose.jpg whhels2.jpg

I peeled the bumpers because they had too much texture, I painted them when it was a bit cold out (facepalm)
    Today I'm going to try to get the red walls touched up from winter and see if I can clear the yellow from the cab lights (since they are the only amber lights left). I'm hoping some acetone and elbow grease will do it similar to clearing plastic nobs / tac needle.

Next weekend I'm hoping to do the chrome bumpers, then will be getting the plow moved out of the driveway to its summer home, reinstall front valence and fog lights, then notch bumper around the plow mounts for next year, then get rid of the big ol adapter mount I have in there now.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  5. SurrealOne

• Plumbed an annealed copper hard line from the front air manifold to the electric air valve for the Shocker XL's.
    • Removed the hard line to the front quick disconnect because it was leaking badly ... and then plumbed a new one.
    • Leak-checked the system, again.
    • Tightened all problematic compression fittings.
    • Found one compression fitting that's still leaking badly despite being as tight as it can get. (This one will have to be redone.)

I'll get some pics, tomorrow, before I put the bumper and grille back on. No promises on uploading them, though, as it's a work day and time will be tight. Fixing that leaky fitting, getting the bumper and grille back on, opening up the overhead console and reconnecting/reconfiguring the digital pressure gauge all have priority over uploads. :)
  6. Ape

Ape New Member 100 Posts

Put an AC bypass pulley on the 89' Burb today. The AC hasn't worked since I got the truck a couple of years ago. I've tried a few different things to figure it out since then, and nothings worked. A week or two ago the compressor pulley started whining, and lately it's taken to intermittent screaming, so I knew it was time to change it out.
    Funny part is, when I put the new motor in a few months ago, I checked the pump's pulley and it would spin for days with one pull, so I figured it was fine. Obviously that soon changed! lol

Decided to go with the bypass pulley since I didn't think a new compressor would change my luck with the system not working. 30 bucks compared to 300 made it easy to choose. That and AC is only needed a couple of months a year here.

Long story short, the compressor pulley was fried, almost like it didn't have a bearing in it any longer. Now it all sounds good again, and it even feels like it runs better and has more power!
  7. SurrealOne

Today I:
    • Removed a bum compression fitting at the rear air manifold and replaced it with a good one
    • Re-installed the front bumper and reconnected the fogs and specters
    • Trimmed the inside of the front grille to accomodate two shocker XL bells
    • Reinstalled the front grille
    • Removed the overhead console
    • Swapped the switch positions of the OEM horn and the air horn for better aesthetics
    • Reconnected the digital pressure gauge and confirmed both its settings and that it was functioning properly
    • Disconnected the switched +12v line to the digital pressure gauge so that it doesn't flash at me due to low pressure; will reconnect this once the compressor is installed
    • Blew a fuse when disconnecting the switched +12v line from the digital pressure gauge because I was tired and careless with contact
    • Replaced the blown fuse which was stupidly easy to spot thanks to having put EasyID fuses into the truck
    • Reinstalled the overhead console and tested all switches for proper function
    • Used an external 6hp air compressor to bring the on board air system to 120 psi
    • Let off a few test blasts of the air horns -- which really put a smile on my face
    • Brought the engine up to operating temperature and checked the transmission fluid level
    • Added transmission fluid to replace what was lost when the transmission cooler was removed for air horn installation
    • Lamented that the pollen is still coming down, as my truck is filthy and I still can't detail it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  8. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Looks awesome surreal. Really stealthy.

I ended up with some free time last night so I got my front valence and fogs reinstalled. Now just to notch the bumper so I can get the plow on and off without removing it all.
  9. LBAR1

LBAR1 New Member

Today I installed the Spectre CAI and the Diablo InTune 87 octane with hard shifts tune on the 2007 GMC Sierra and I'm impressed. Want to thank Lew for all his help and answering all my emails before buying the I-1000 from him and now I can't wait for him to write me a custom tune once my truck learns the 87 octane tune.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I got my new shocks in today and installed them under my carport with a storm going on, Fun Fun...... I got the [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Bilstein HD performance. I took it for a small test drive after install and even though it was raining I noticed a big difference just crossing the railroad tracks and I am very happy with the purchase. My hood also came in at the body shop and I went and got the red paint mixed. Hopefully it will be ready next week....... [/FONT]:glasses:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.