1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did them all. I just did not feel like dealing with polarity and resistor issues. I have seen a few guys on here that have done the LED. But, getting info like what resistors and LEDs they used is like pulling teeth. No one wanted to easily give up the info.

- - - Updated - - -

I am writing a how-to right now. I will PM you the link.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yea, I noted that, too -- which is strange because it's counter-productive. Why be a community member on a forum, have something to contribute, and not do it? Ya know?
  3. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree! If I asked you for exact details about your on board air system I bet that you would give me a detailed description of parts used. Heck, you might even pass along some drawings. I asked about the LED conversion multiple times and have just been sent to a site to buy them. I don't know what resistors to buy or what leds to buy. So, screw it! I did it old school.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I got the same kind of reply. It sometimes makes me wonder if the individual is a sales rep, lol.
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

ahh tis' true. just had to know why
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Its better to be safe then sorry and though its a little earlier than I need to, I ordered spark plugs and spark plug cables to do a basic tune up tonight.
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

though it was not my gm truck i worked on, I did help a friend ('96 ford explorer) who ran into a ditch, crumbing his radiator and engine cooling fan into eachother ruing them, obviously by replacing his radiator and fan, but he still has some weird noise... truck runs though now :)
  8. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

My truck is about to turn the big 40k on the odo so time for a little tune up. New iridium spark plugs and a K&N filter. I'll do the trans fluid/filter next paycheck.
  9. yotchie

yotchie Rockstar 100 Posts

K&N filter, Chrome avs ventvisors and aeroskin
  10. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Got a "job" weedeating for my brother's friend's dad. So I drove to his house. I was just paid $60 for 2 hours of work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.