1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I:

• Added a gallon of RainX 2-In-1 washer fluid since the reservoir was low
    • Added a diode to my custom Bussmann relay box to trigger the twin LED bars when the high beams are activated
    • Tested for proper high beam behaviour -- wow, now that's some light output!
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Friday I installed my new battery terminals and chassis ground. Saturday I added seafoam to the fuel tank and then changed my oil. Oil is now Synthetic with a Delco filter.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Start my annual rust prevention... cleanup the underside and have applied the rust converter.
  4. SurrealOne

Today I:

• Decided that I'm completely unhappy with the leak levels in my copper plumbing, as they seem to be made worse by vibration
    • Researched vibration-resistant pneumatic solutions and opted to completely replumb the system with the sort of thing used for air brake systems
    • Researched materials that exceed the usual 150psi dot rating, as I'm building around 200psi as the working pressure (and will probably run 145-170ish psi, for safety ... or possible 160-200psi, depending on comfort level)
    • Ordered appropriate brass push-to-connect fittings and reinforced 1/2" OD nylon tubing
    • Ordered a Ridgid plastic/nylon tubing cutter
    • Ordered Loctite 545 pneumatic thread sealant
    • Made my peace with tearing the on board air system apart and replumbing it from ground zero; at least it's only the plumbing that has to be redone ... and the nylon tubing and push-to-connect fittings are a heck of a lot less work to install than their copper and compression counterparts
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  5. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I got my leather cleaner and conditioner out and scrubbed my steering wheel and driver seat with a fingernail brush and leather cleaner before i conditioned them. It takes a really long time to scrub seats down that way but they look really nice now. It got the glossiness from 10 years of dirt and oil off the leather (leather cleaner without scrubbing doesn't work nearly as well for this). I decided I'd do the rest of the seats tomorrow or something since it took so long to do the first one.
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Started pricing new brake rotors, brake pads, hubs/bearings, leveling kits, engine belts and alternators - all the next things to do on my truck.
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

hauled our old 1980 ford mustang to the junk yard on a double axle trailer with my truck, after we held a "smash a car" for it making some money for charity... Junkyard gave me $200.00 for it!
  8. SurrealOne

It's a Ford. They overpaid. I'm surprised you didn't have to pay them to take it off your hands. :gasp:
  9. LBAR1

LBAR1 Member

Did some data logging for Lew to create me a custom Diablo tune.
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I took mine for an estimate to see how much it would cost to have paintless dent removal done on the most recent door ding. Fortunately, my girlfriend was in the truck when it happened, so we got the info of the woman who did it and she will be paying for the repair.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.