1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Got the mud guards partially mounted as well as the skid plate... partially.
  2. 95K1500

95K1500 New Member

Thanks SurrealOne for the advice! after doing some research and looking at alot of pictures online I'm leaning towards 20% for the back window. I think that will probably be my best bet for visibility for my canopy on or off. that sucks about that carwash scratching your truck, never trusted those type of car washes. hope the repairs go well
  3. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Oh yeah, It was definitely a blast. After that week long trip of off roading and hikes, my truck has lots of scratches from tree branches and bushes. I ain't too worried about it though, the truck will get a new paint job eventually. lol
  4. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I pulled the boat out to a local lake 1.5mi from here! I set out bait traps, for next weekend fishing trip. Whisker Fishes, are waiting for me, LOL.
  5. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Got these finished today.
    Mudguards from Bluex:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the skid plate:
    All painted up and looking nice
    [​IMG]
    [maybe I should paint "95C1500" in the skid plate :lol:
  6. Opiewho

Opiewho Member

Installed new weatherstrip on both doors...no more wind noise!
  7. steved

steved Former Member

Yesterday I installed a second battery...

Today I installed mini leds in the panel under the tailgate, installed a tailgate lock, installed some halogen backup lights on the backrack, installed my Wilson cell booster, and gave the torsion bar bolts three full turns.

Tomorrow is oil change, rear diff drain/fill, and off road lights.
  8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

In the past weekend I drove about 120 miles round trip to and from camp for a work detail. Tonight the truck killed 100s of bugs on the highway and got all muddy on the trails so I will have to wash her tomorrow.

Now 199690.5 miles on the truck.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I:

• Removed the air system's annealed copper hard line everywhere except for the tank equalization line
    • Removed the rear air manifold
    • Removed the front air manifold
    • Replaced the 200psi pressure relief valves in each air manifold with 235psi pressure relief valves
    • Replaced the 140psi/175psi on/off (respectively) pressure switch in the front air manifold with a 160psi/200psi on/off (respectively) pressure switch
    • Replaced every compression fitting except those of the tank equalization line with brass push-to-connect fittings
    • Reinstalled the front air manifold
    • Reinstalled the rear air manifold
    • Re-plumbed from the rear QD to the rear air manifold with 300psi reinforced nylon tubing
    • Topped off the truck's coolant level

Tomorrow I need to replumb the front end of the truck (front air manifold to rear air manifold, front air manifold to front QD, front air manifold to air horn valve, front air manifold to coalescing filter), pressurize the system, leak test it, and try to decide if I'm taking the air tank carrier down to re-plumb the equalization line.
  10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

and when did this mod happen??? I just so happened to see a chevy truck pull into one of our bays at discount tire with this mod in his stock rear bumper.... got me thinkin about it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.