1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well my 3rd cowl hood will be in tomorrow I hope it is a good one so they can get to painting it and putting it on, I'm ready........
    Finally ordered my Escalade gauge cluster today, it has the 120 MPH speedometer, Trans temp, white face and blue LEDs. It is supposed to be in by Friday.
    Ordered 4 new Michelin tires for my truck from the dealer today. 285/50-20s I hope they are as good as I have always heard they are.
    Bonus: I bought myself a new RC truck and believe it or not it is my first 4x4. LOL!!! It is the Helion Invictus monster truck 1/10th scale running on 2s Lipo 7600 Mah Battery. :happy:

blue_dynamic.jpg
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

3. elittle

elittle Member

Got a ready lift 2" leveling kit installed, truck looks much better now! Next wheels and tires.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

just seafoamed my engine through the brake booster line for the first time, Hardly any white smoke.... maybe 5 seconds worth, guess my engine is pretty clean.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yesterday I pressurized the on board air system to ~810 KPA (~117.4psi) at 2:15pm EDT. Today I checked the pressure and it was at ~790 KPA (~114.6psi). So, there's a delta of ~3psi in 23.5 hours. Looks like the system is holding positive pressure, as that delta is small enough to possibly be caused by ambient temperature and pressure changes. within the environment. The gauge, by the way, has more tick marks on the KPA reading ... and since this was a the top of the bubble in the liquid-filled gauge it was just easier to read the KPA than the PSI markings.

I also mixed some more Dexcool and topped off the coolant level again. I'm not losing fluid, I just didn't quite have enough to top it off, completely, last time.
  6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I got my gauge cluster in today and put it in. I am impressed, now all the gauges are dead on or real close and the white face gauges look awesome I think. I will post pictures tomorrow.
  7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Wash and wax, still waiting on my puddle lights....

Attached Files:

8. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Pressure washed... scraped and applied rust converter to the underside of my truck... tomorrow plans to apply undercoating and change the oil.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Absolutely nothing ... for a change. :)
  10. LBAR1

LBAR1 Member

Replaced the OEM am/fm radio with an OEM AM/FM/CD/MP3/AUX radio which picks up all the stations unlike the old one and also picked up a copy of the original owners manuals with sleeve and all from eBay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.