What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Hope you're enjoying the day off!

I was going to plasti dip the bumpers that I peeled a few weeks back. Got the front done, then a friend called asking to borrow a ladder. so unfortunately the back bumpers gonna have to wait. I a, happy with the front, came out smooth.

Attached Files:

2. offroadmaine

offroadmaine New Member

changed plugs, wires, ignition coil, oil & filter, bought brake pads for the front and annoyed my neighbors with a little exhaust noise

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I took my avalanche out camping for the weekend. As usual, it did a great job of towing my quad around. The avalanche tent is great too.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Greased my slip yoke since the shop that installed my T-case put no grease on it at all. The noise was driving me crazy. I also noticed that my brand new transfer case from GM is leaking from the front seal. Looks like it will be going back to the shop. Doing some research about replacing my shocks with bilsteins I discovered that the rear coil springs will also need replaced with a spring with a different spring rate. I found the bilstein springs from someone who ordered them and never installed them. I ordered them for 1/2 price compared to everywhere else I looked.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

so does this lubing procedure really solve the horrible clunk on takeoff? (i know its temporary), but it does fix it the second you lube it?

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

mine was not a clunk on takeoff. It was a horrible "Tink" sound when I put it in gear. It only happened occasionally. My 2003 did the same thing. It fixed the noise immediately. I also found a u-joint that is questionable, so I will be changing that very soon.

7. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Finished clear coat last night. I know truck needs cleaned, lol
    Back.jpg Front.jpg

8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Got a full tank of gas yesterday which made Tahoe very happy. Other than that I haven't really worked on her I just need to check the coolant level again because she is still losing coolant somewhere. I think some of the smaller hoses may be leaking and possible the water pump gasket is going. Also the Odometer as of this morning now reads 199,804.2 miles almost at 200,000 :glasses:. This weekend Tahoe is going to Vermont with me to paint some parts and fix the roof rack leak.

9. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Look @ the fire wall side of intake, very common for a Head Gasket to leak there!

10. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Question are those common while running at pressure or leaking when the system depressurized. Because mine only leaks after the system has depressurized not when running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.