Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

LOL, that's ok. I theoretically know where the TBI's PCV port is. I say 'theoretically' because I've read the where/how of it and even found lots of pics of the hose running from the fixed PCV orifice to the TBI on various GM engines. However, it's dark out and I'm not at the family lake house's lit shop, so I can't go out and compare to my own engine.

Learning one's way around one's engine without an engine diagram or an experienced engine guy to tell you what's what ... is a pain. I mean some things are obvious, but there are just too many hoses running about doing too many important things to guess and be wrong. (And I'd hate to put this stuff into the crankcase by mistake! Talk about some bad mojo.)

Looks like I need to acquire a 3/8" hose for this activity, too. I wonder where I can get that... maybe some fuel line hose from an auto parts store. Will check in the morning.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Reached 200,000 miles on way to vermont :smile:

Pics thanks to dad.
    IMG_20130524_172908_953.jpg IMG_20130524_172934_643.jpg IMG_20130524_172951_090.jpg IMG_20130524_173002_917.jpg

Almost there....
    IMG_20130524_171031_350.jpg

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

bought new wipers and washer fluid for it. also checked oil.

Alex

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did not actually do anything to the truck. But, my new Bilstein rear coil springs came today. So, now I can buy some Bilstein shocks and get rid of the factory Nivomat shocks. I was surprised to see that they were drop shipped directly from Bilstein. I found them for almost 1/2 the price that anyone else was charging for them. The average price was around $115, one retailer wanted $90 each, I bought them for $57 each including shipping. The markup on these things must be crazy. Now, I just need to find a deal on some shocks,

5. Conlan Rose

Just rerouted my new cables and added a new frame ground and starter. Also began doing my roof rack sealing. Will post pictures later.

6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Hooked up the boat and filled both with gas! Traveling to see some boat racing tomorrow in Oklahoma.

- - - Updated - - -

After depressurized! Common occurrence to leak when cooled down. If you find anything get fixed soon and drive for another 100k's

7. Conlan Rose

Thats the plan lol. Today I fixed my leak from the roof rack the was leaking in to the cab. I'm having trouble locating the leak I think one hose clamp is leaking and possible the water pump gaskets. I also today spotted a hose that needs to be replaced asap.

8. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Well, here is what I did to my truck today
    Wash/Wax:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --------Check out that reflection--------
    [​IMG]
    --------My two favorite pics to date--------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --------30 seconds after taking those pics--------
    [​IMG]
    --------45 seconds after taking those pics--------
    [​IMG]
    Didn't even get to roll up the hose :nono:

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

@95C1500:
    Well, at least you got to watch it bead up nicely! (Pssst. You blocked out your plate in most pics but your front is showing in your first linked pic as of this writing...)

Today I procured the following in preparation for oil system modification and initial oil fill for my York 210L compressor:
    • 10-32 taper, plug, and bottom taps
    • tap wrench
    • 10-32 set screw of 5/16" length
    • 30 weight non-detergent motor oil

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=56081]95C1500[/MENTION] the only problem with pointing out the reflection is that the refelection shows a nasty 4 letter F word!! But the truck did turn out nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.