1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Got to see it for the first time in a week. Missing the CA sunshine already, but on the plus side I should have some puddle lights waiting at my PO box :glasses:​

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Time to take the headliner, overhead console, and dome light out, completely until a day where it rains enough to cause this -- so you can see where it's coming from, first-hand. No more guessing.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The only problem with that is I must remove all the interior trim and the roof speakers....

- - - Updated - - -

The only problem with that is I must remove all the interior trim and the roof speakers....
  4. SurrealOne

It is what it is. (I have to do the same for my truck.)
  5. Conlan Rose

Just now I looked at the area that gets wet and it seems that a lot of the water originates from the sun visor mounting screws. I can actually see a stain that starts at the foot of the visor and them spreads to the front edge of the headliner. Also The front doors of my truck don't seal right because both doors sag even when closed so they don't press all of the weather strip against the door sill. This may also explain the whistling I hear while on the highway. I'm washing the truck this afternoon if it doesn't rain so I will have time to better inspect the area in question.
  6. SurrealOne

Sadly, where the water comes through the headliner may have nothing to do with where it enters the truck. Liquid water may run down the roof and then drip onto the headliner. This is why I say you should take the headliner down.

I've had mine down for sound deadening. It's really not that difficult. Why not simply take it down and get it over with; if it's stained you probably need to replace it, anyway, right? So take it down, leave it down until you KNOW where the water originates, fix it (sealing from the inside, if needed), leave it down to ensure it's fixed, and once comfortable that it's done, put up a new one (or a used one that's in good shape). :)

You might even be able to get the stains out of yours if you steam clean it while it's down???
  7. Conlan Rose

Grr trying to find new liner and even GM doesn't have them. LMC stopped carrying them as well. Tomorrow I'm taking the overhead council out to measure a the blank spot in it so I can design a insert using SolidWorks for a switch bank.

I know this is just speculation, but I think the center of the windshield may be leaking... When I washed the truck I inspected the headliner to see if it was damp and only the very center was damp nothing else. My scoutmaster had this problem with his Burb, but it cost him 1600 to fix I plan to just use that black silicon I have to seal the whole top of the windshield in one continuous bead. Actually I should get some clear so I can spread it around without messing up the paint. I know I need to get the liner down, but it cant hurt to try that first before hours of trying to get the liner down.
  8. SurrealOne

Seal it from the inside, too.
  9. Conlan Rose

My mom says she wants to get my hood repainted because it is flaking and getting worse. I'm gonna schedule an appointment to get an estimate next week. I will also ask about my rear quarter panel dent, some body rust and the door and leak issues. What do you think the price should be and this is asking anyone on this thread.
    2012-11-14_14-27-40_88.jpg IMG_20130507_143912_689.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll do my best to. May do it next week since me and my friend plan to meet up and try out the OBD2 bluetooth adapter he bought.
  10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

took my led light mount apart, sanded and painted the brackets last night. looks much better without the flaking paint and rust showing.

Alex
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.