1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

Changed my oil... and started my yearly detail (I.e., clay bar, prepsol, buff, sealer and wax) hopefully will have it finished tomorrow.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Actually got to use it like a truck. Loaded up a couple palm trees that I cut down from my yard to get rid of them (not too bad only about 1500 pounds). Always good to make sure the airbags work like they should:great:
  3. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

Well it was last night, but I Picked up my TLC airbags and I got them installed in less then an hour.

I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm loading up the trailer and leaving in a few hours so I will have a review complete some time next week.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Got an estimate for my hood and fenders being repainted. The place my insurance approves of says 1855.91 including taxes. That seems like a lot... gonn check other places as well.
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Jealous, I just got home from a week in Oxnard, Ca. Missing the palm trees already.

Got my next mod in the mail. Going to be a real easy install. Finished pics to come later!

Attached Files:

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ha, I hate palm trees. I guess they aren't too bad. They were just to the point where I couldn't trim them any more. I was already standing on the top of a ladder with a chainsaw overhead in one hand. Not the brightest idea, I know. One was also planted up next to a fence and so it was pushing into that and the other was crowding out two other big trees, so I said they had to go. The spikes on the palm frawns are brutal too, always ended up with quite a few cuts when trimming them.
  7. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

So... what is this mod? I can't figure it out

Edit

Pish I didn't even quote it correctly!
  8. FrigginNoodles

They are Chevrolet logo puddle lights. I got them off ebay and paid around $18 (they even come with the hole saw bit for the drill). There are many different logos and you can even design your own of you are willing to shell out $55-$60 instead.

The lights go in the bottom of your door panel, then when you open the door the ground is illuminated underneath. Just got done installing them. Can't wait for it to get dark out!

I'll post illuminated pics in an hour or two.
    image.jpg image.jpg

**Update

They appear a bit wavy because I had to throw some folded up cardboard I had nearby under for a clear image. The rocky gravel driveway made it look more like a mosaic, but I'm sure on pavement they will be great. I'm really happy with how they are in person, really sharp and crisp.
    lights1.jpg lights2.jpg
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow, those are nice! (And I'm sitting here thinking, "must ... have ... Autobot ... puddle lights"....)

PM me a link to the source, please?
  10. FrigginNoodles

Pm sent.

Thanks. The instal was as simple as tying them into the lights already in the NBS door panel. They are leds so low voltage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.