1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I can't get the starter off the truck.... The shop I had do work on it last must have torqued it like crazy... Not sure how to proceed. Yes I tried hitting it with a hammer and what not.
  2. Lordvader

Lordvader Rockstar

Installed my dual liner and bed cap rails.

Now working on repainting my class 3 ball mount. I polished the stainless steel hitch ball.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I:

• Removed my AVS Aeroskin bug guard in preparation for polishing work.
    • Washed the truck.
    • Detailed my wheels.
    • Detailed my nerf bars.
    • Detailed my exhaust tip.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

received my EGR in channel rain guards today and new K&N air filter, attempted to install the rain guards on my truck only to find out they nowhere near fit... gotta wait until tomorrow before I can get ahold of autoanything... filter will be in later today! hopefully it fits....
  5. Lordvader

Lordvader Rockstar

IMG_20130602_173523_634.jpg IMG_20130602_173543_367.jpg
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Had to leave the truck in a parking lot in Torrington so it can get picked up by a tow truck tomorrow so she can go to a shop to replace my starter and then get back home.

In slightly unrelated news me and my friend played with his OBDII adapter on his Sable and plastidipped his grill and rear chrome trim. last week we installed a read button in the center council. Here's his post on his Taurus forum: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/134...og/176579-shelbyracer78s-2001-sable-ls-4.html
    I know its a Ford and a sedan, but to be honest real car guys are willing to appreciate any and all brands even Fords! :lol:

Also I ordered my OBDII adapter because his works well and we were both looking at the same one. The Torque app is really fun.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I:
    • Removed my front plate and plate mount
    • Removed my in-channel vent visors
    • Washed the truck (including the engine bay), then dried it
    • Compounded the truck, then buffed it
    • Polished the truck, then buffed it
    • Polished the truck with ultra fine polish, then buffed it
    • Waxed the truck, then buffed it

14 solid hours, later, I'm beat. I'll deal with crevice cleaning and replacement of the things I removed tomorrow. I might get some pics if the rain lets up enough for the roads to dry out; if not the truck will remain under cover.
  8. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Took off my valence and then flipped my lid back ver. I am about to buy a V6 flex hose from a guy over on gmt400.com and then a chrome air cleaner lid as well as a k&n replacement filter for a true CAI.
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Not nearly as in depth as [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] but I gave it a bath. It only took me about 30 minutes, but I guarantee it looks no where as good.
  10. Jalaube

Jalaube New Member

Tried to fix the blower motor and painted the heat riser, and air-filter housing. image.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.