1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My steering wheel has been peeling lately so I put a cover on it yesterday. Big pimpin' now! :money:
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Truck is sitting at a Chevy dealer in Torrington currently. My insurance covered the tow and helped me make sure I went to a reputable shop. Kinda wish it wasn't a dealer where they will mark up prices for the repair, but its better then going to some shop which doesn't have a clue. They will look at her tomorrow.

Just learned that the starter bolts should be torqued to 35 ft lb which is the same torque as the engine to tranny bolts which I removed without issue when I attempted to do my rear main and oil pan. So those bolts on the starter were really on there for it to be impossible for me to move them with a good 1/2" ratchet and trying to use my impact driver rated for around 125 ft lb.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  3. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe Member

Not today, but yesterday. Replaced the A/C belt tensioner and a new A/C belt. Figured out my cruise control issue. Module wasn't plugged in....duh me! Today I should be replacing the passenger window regulator/motor. Next up is tracking down why my horn doesn't work. It's slowly coming together. By the time I am done it should be a new truck. Looking for some tow hooks if anybody has a set laying around for a decent price.
  4. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Started color matching the handles. Ended up being a lot more work to get it off than i had thought. I had to dismount the window and move the track out of the way to get access one of the bolts. Going to look a bit funny tomorrow with only one done, but I plan on doing the other one tomorrow night.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I:

• Detailed and waxed the door jambs and door edges
    • Put the in-channel vent visors back on the truck
    • Put the front plate back on the truck
    • Put new 3M tape to the back side of the AVS Aeroskin bug/stone deflector (but did not put it on the truck)

I still have a few more things to take care of before the detailing will be done -- which is just as well, as the weather's not been cooperating.
  6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Got my new anti-sway bar in today and got it put on. I can't believe the difference. :great: I am very happy with the combination of the GM 20" wheels, Michelin Latitude 285/50-20 tires, Bilstien HD Performance shocks all around and now the Hellwig sway bar. It is a real pleasure to drive, not to mention fun :neutral: [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION], I have not done a detail like that since I was still in my 30s. LOL. I don't know if I would have the energy now.
  7. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Changed oil and installed new wipers checked alignment and whatever else the dealer checks when you bring it in for "smartcare", dealership says my oil pan gasket is leaking so I got an appointment made for next Monday (warranty work). This is also the second time they are telling me I should flush my differentials. I wasn't aware that a 2wd had a front differential though. :neutral: but since I am road tripping cross country at the end of the month I guess I will get it done next week. Dealer says flushing the differentials will cover it under "BG" warranty so if I had something go wrong on the road it will be covered.
  8. SurrealOne

Today I:
    • Reinstalled the AVS Aeroskin bug/stone deflector
    • Used a crevice tool to remove compound/wax buildup
    • Polished the nerf/step bars
    • Applied Turtle Wax trim restorer to all black plastic on the truck

The weather's still been ugly, so the truck's remaining under cover. Hopefully tomorrow will see the end of the rain and I can finish up!
  9. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

JUST woke up to my alarm going off, some jerf-off in a tan dodge ram 1500 backed into my truck AND I saw him as he left.
    photo (2).jpg

what do you guys think i should do about this? go to the apartment office and file a police report? leave a note on the guys truck? approach the guy? any advice?
  10. SurrealOne

• Take lots of pics ...
    • Apartment complexes usually keep a record of every tenant's plate number and vehicle description (year, make, model). If the truck is regularly in the complex, go to the main office, tell them what happened, describe the vehicle, and ask for the owner's contact information.
    • If not given the contact info but you did, indeed, submit vehicle description and plate number with your application, call the police from your mobile while still in the apartment office ... describe the hit-and-run that happened, tell them you went to the complex office (and why) but were not given the contact info, and tell them you need them to come do a report on the hit-and-run. (This lets the cops know where they can get data on the truck ... and lets the office know the cops are likely coming to see them.)
    • If you ARE given the contact info, then go home, call the police, and tell them you need them to come do a report on the hit-and-run ... and provide the info the office gave you AND tell them basis on which it was given (vehicle description).
    • Wait for the cops to do the police report.
    • Call your insurance company and tell THEM what happened and give them the police report number.

Note: The cops should be able to paint match what's on your truck with what came from his ... and what's on his that came from yours. The mere threat of this as supporting evidence for hit-and-run charges by the police should get the guy talking to you. The cops may drop it, there, if that's the case, as it's less paperwork for them to file the police report than it is for them to do that AND file hit-and-run charges. At the end of the day you don't really care if they do or don't press this as long as you're made whole, right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.