What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

i feel ya on this. the one on my truck is giving me issues as well. I have one white led completly out, and the rest of them are tempramental at times. not sure what i should do, im about to just yank it off the truck.

Alex
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Did you register (online) for the warranty when you got the product? Also how long has it been since it was purchased? I've had mine just over 4 months ... well within the warranty period. If you're within it and you're registered, I'd say get in touch with them...
  3. HFD525

HFD525 New Member

Added my Interior Lightbar
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Oil changed. Oil filter changed. Tires rotated. Transmission fluid checked. 3oz oil sample sent to Blackstone Labs for analysis.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

no and no. i got it cheap as it was the last one they had. and the package was messed up. all the parts were there, but the paper work was missing.
    i think ill pull it off before my dad drives it back to minnesota. it cant be plugged in and pull the trailer at the same time. ill look at getting a different one when i get back from afghanistan.

Alex
  6. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Drove it out to try for a second time to start my F350. Took a brand new battery for the F350, since the old one started to leak when I boosted it last time. Today the ignition cylinder on the Ford won't turn at all.:grrrrrr: I wanted to hotwire it to get it back to the city, but it has a locking steering column. Of course, leave it to Ford to make sure the only way to get a faulty ignition cylinder out without drilling it out is to be able to turn the key to run to remove it. I then pulled the F350 forward with my Avalanche to try to get just my trailer instead, but got the Avalanche hung up to the frame in over a foot of snow trying to get the trailer out. So, after hours of fighting with the F350 and unsticking the Avalanche, I put a rug between the Avalanche bumper and the Ford, pushed the ford back to where it was and ended up leaving both the F350 and the trailer there.

Not a very productive day... and I blame Ford:no:
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

I put gas in it and then cussed it out when I got home because the rear output shaft seal wont stop leaking (3 seals gasket maker etc)
  8. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

Well, today I drove it. Put gas in her this morning...and I'm getting wheels this weekend...just can't decide on which ones...

Sent from my Nexus S using Forum Runner

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  9. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

Un,
    I like the TNTs.

I picked up a D60 front from a ford F350 for my SAS. Love scrap yards that sell by the pound.
  10. Sierraowner5.3

drove it. thats about it. not planning on doing anything to it for now.

Alex
  11. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I visited a stealership to find out what an actuator for the passenger-side HVAC damper would cost. $260.00 bucks. Going to check online to see if it's any better than from a stealership...
  12. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

Went to the dealership to look at a new work truck. I wish the 2500 burb came in diesel
  13. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

ME TOO!!!! I would buy one instead of a 2500 crew cab.
  14. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan New Member

Fresh oil and filter. My American Racing wheels with summer rubber.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  15. silveron

silveron New Member

Drove it, Enjoy driving it and watching the head turners. IMG00680-20120327-1929[1].jpg IMG00461-20120108-1118[2] (2).jpg
  16. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Washed it, Dryed it, Cranked the tunes in it, filled its belly with almost $100 brought it home for rest...
  17. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

Replaced the reverse lights with 48-led bulbs. Its so bright the camera can't focus.

[​IMG]
  18. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

What did you use for your tai lights. How easy was it
  19. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

I haven't done the taillights yet. I will probably do 48-led red bulbs since I plan on tinting my tails. The only mod I had to do was shave the little ears that stick up off the bulb sockets. The 48-led bulbs are designed like a cylinder and don't go all the way in with those ears in the way.
  20. Clint16

Clint16 New Member

fixed power steering and changed the differential oil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.