What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member

I recommend the Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit. I just installed one on my 2012 last weekend and it was quite simple to do with the proper tools. Lots of people on here have it.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Ugh, that's a hard way to learn a lesson.

Thanks!
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

got a few compliments on it today. thats about it.

Alex
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

Drove her around for about 100 miles (seemed like it to me). Now staring at the Coors, thinking I should get a Coors and then wash the Coors
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I made arrangements to remove and replace the front windshield tint, as it has a nasty scratch on the passenger side that's bugging me. It'll be done this weekend. Normally I'd not care, as it's super light tint ... but summer is coming and the 70% UV reflectivity the tint provides is a godsend when it's hot, as it keeps the cab a lot cooler.
  6. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

put a amp in and some 12s in a dowm fire box in a 98 z 71 ext cab. and to much to say on my 67
  7. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

It started yesterday, I washed, claybared, washed, waxed,waxed,washed the truck, and polished my wheels. Then I removed all the interior from my truck, steamed all the seats and carpet, Fatmatted the entire interior, replaced the carpet with a new kit since my old carpet had a stain that wouldn't come out. This morning I put the interior back in, ordered some Bushwacker Extend-A-Flairs for it, ordered a set of Keys for the front, 2 inch blocks for the rear, 5100 series Bilstiens F&R,made an appt to get Linex done, made appt for the windows to be tinted, ordered a new lower airdam since I cracked mine, and now I'm eating a sandwich trying to decide on what wheels and tires I want to go with. More on that in the Wheel & Tire section in a few.

I'm pretty proud how the Ol' Girl cleans up.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Fatmatted the entire interior in a day? Dang you're quicker than I am. My floor, rear wall, a-pillars, b-pillars, and roof took an entire weekend with both days running 16-17 hours, each. The doors, dash, and center console took another weekend of the same length to do. I later pulled the center console and dash and added even more material (which took a single long day). I've probably got 90 hours invested in my sound deadning installation ...

As for what I did to my truck, today, I shipped my PlasmaGlow Firestorm back to the manufacturer for warranty service. The unit had condensation in it and began to act up. After that condensation mold began to grow. Yuck. This wouldn't be a problem if it had been sealed properly...
  9. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

I haven't done the doors yet. I just did the floors, backwall, and firewall up to the dash. I'm waiting on my new headliner to be ready before I start on the roof. Unfortunately, My truck doesn't have the console. I'm planning to do the console swap when I find a nice one.
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Ahh, you said you 'Fatmatted the entire interior' so I took you at your word. Sounds like you mis-spoke. As some advice, you'll want to do the a-pillars, b-pillars, and roof before it gets much hotter, outside. Trust me on this. :)
  11. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

Oh I know this very well, big difference in the interior temps in my 85 Scottsdale from before and after. I just don't see taking down the old headliner and put it back up, when I got a new one coming. Kill two birds with one stone.
  12. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

So take your pillar covers and headliner out ... and leave them out until the new headliner arrives. :) This lets you get your material in without waiting ... and also reduces the labor you must do when it arrives.
  13. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Called the dealer today and made an appointment for them to find out why Im so sluggish in overdrive and my rpm's are so low at highway speeds.(Like 1400rpms at 67mph). Im thinking that the 3.42 gearing is not low enough for the 35's and its not getting into the powerband to keep it in overdrive. But If there is no other problems I wonder if they will change the gearing under warranty. Besides I bought the truck with the lift and tires on it brand new from the dealer so if its not right they should take care of it I hope..
  14. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member

You definitely need gears. I would go 4.10 min, but IMO 4.56 would be my choice.
  15. the phantom

the phantom New Member

yeah 07 Im sure your right. And I have a feeling the dealer is going to tell me nothing is wrong. Then im going to have to call GM and probably explain my concerns with the shifting all the time and ask them how long they think the tranny constantly shifting is going to last. I can see the runaround I will probably get before I even get it BUT, Im going to give the benefit of the doubt..I would think gears would be less expensive than a transmission.
  16. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

x2 on the 4.56 gears. I have about the same size tires as you and when I had 3.83s my truck was a dog especially off the line or while off-roading. With your gear ratio, it would even be worse. Odd that when they lifted your truck they did not put in the right gear ratio since by not doing so it will take a toll on your tranny. I'll be interested in seeing what the dealer says about this since the lift and tires came from the dealer. They should re-gear for free...at least IMO.
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  17. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Yeah I think, mfleet, that If they dont take care of it then Im gonna call the uplift company Rocky Ridge in Ga and find out who the idiot was that drove it and thought it was ready to ship.. these trucks are sold all over and this isnt right.. Dealer told me when I made the appt. That they will scan it and find out what the problem is. They seem to think its something else but I dont think so..
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  18. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Don't let the dealer jerk you around make them regear it. I've seen those rocky ridge editions here in TN. You would think they would address this problem before it becomes wide spread. It should be covered since you bought it new that way. Stand your ground they can't deny you.
  19. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

For 35" tires I'd agree that 4.56's are where you want to (and should already) be.
  20. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

I left my truck in the Garage out of the weather so she could dry out for a spell. can't afford to take a drive till weekend. going to see my grandchildren
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.