What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Removed the battered grille from Da Bus. 26 years, and one too many handlebar strikes, and it finally gave up.

Anyone have a tube or billet grille for an '85? The one in the pic is wide, but not tall enough.
    busfrontsmall.jpg

2. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects Rockstar 100 Posts

today i replaced the spark plugs with some nice platinum ones, then i painted the calibers bright red as well as the steering knuckles, :)! only got one side painted today, gotta love the sun going down 2 hrs after school!

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Parked her in the garage to prevent raindrops falling in her head........ And new wax job. Wax? I think it was Brazilian . Lol

4. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Installed some new car seat cover from Christmas! Made of neoprene and definately changed the interior look of the truck! Pictures soon.

5. djthumper

djthumper Rockstar 100 Posts

pics-or-it-didnt-happen.png

Can't wait to see them

6. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I ordered some Belltech adjustable front struts and 4" drop shackles...hopefully I get them by Saturday so I can spend the weekend installing them.

7. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I hardwired the new radar detector that I bought yesterday to the rearview mirror... I'll be taking it back after the road trip that I'm leaving on tomorrow because it works properly but has the wrong software on it....

Then I dropped the overhead console and installed the microphone for the bluetooth in my new Kenwood nav unit onto the side of it. I adjusted the nav unit so that the dash kit fit a bit better.

Then I dusted off all of the interior plastics and cleaned & conditioned all of the leather.

Then I topped up the washer fluid.

8. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Walked past it in the driveway and was glad to see it was still there!! LOL

9. Mzarb28

Mzarb28 Member

Finally got my wheels and tires installed (see sig), but they ordered wrong lug nuts so I have no center caps on, have to go back tommorow 1pm so they can put right nuts on and caps!!

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Called Spyder because their part numbers for 99-06 Sierra tails don't work on 99-06 Sierras; made sure they understood that 99-06 Sierras use a 3-plug assembly (3x3157 bulbs) just like the 99-02 Silvy's did ... and that they DO NOT use the 4-plug assembly (3x3157 & 1x194) that the 03-06 Silvy's used. Waited on hold through 4 transfers and 36 minutes to get a human. Found mmyself frustrated that Spyder isn't the only tail light maker to screw this up...

Received a second set of LED corner/turn lamps even though I didn't order two sets. Drop-ship error in my favour, collect 100-some dollars on eBay? We'll see...

Ordered LED tails lamps. Ordered clear projector headlights. Ordered a new front license plate. Ordered duplicolor for custom painting I have to do. Studied how to smoke headlights/tail lights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.