1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

through out the weekend my passenger side fender was primed and painted, and now the body shop is just waiting on my wheel to come and ill have my truck back!
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Replaced my intermediate steering shaft with a new Borgeson one. No more clunking :great:
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Replaced the third brake light bulbs with 12 SMD 5050 LEDs and lightly smoked then clearcoated the OEM third brake light cover.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I washed it. It cost about double the price of an automatic wash to get the winter crap off at the wand wash, but its good to do it myself once in a while rather than the automatic wash.

Then I waited to hear back from the insurance company of the guy who hit me on wednesday. Their adjuster has been 'confirming facts' since wednesday and I haven't heard back from her. I better hear from her on Monday or there will be hell to pay.
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

tire balance and rotation
  6. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

Wash, wax, polish wheels/chrome, detail cabin, and put $68 worth of gas in her.

Oh, and I found out that there is a lockable compartment in the seat below the console. I'm stoked that it's there because I have a place to store my pistol when I don't carry it into places!
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  7. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- New Member

Replace hub assembly washed and waxed and had to buy to used tires for the front due to very unsafe tires which is from sitting for 18 months before i got the truck
  8. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan New Member

After some consideration (since early December) on if I could tackle the starter ring gear change myself or not, I've now decided that I'll leave it to someone with tools and knowledge. Therefore two hours was spent yesterday on clearing Red Dust from snow and winching it to a spot from were I reckon we'll manage to load it up to a trailer tomorrow. I have shop reservation for Wed, so hopefully I'll be happily cruising on my truck by later this week.

-J
  9. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

I'm (still) working on blacking out my tail lights...I'll do the 3rd brake light next time I'm off.
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I pulled my rear lighting junction box and dashboard apart trying to track down the short that intermittently causes my left turn signal to flash all of my brake lights, and if i use the brakes with the left turn signal on it makes the signal stay on solid. It seems to be a problem with the flasher unit itself, so I will be replacing it with the LED compatible unit I had suggested to [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] - that way I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and be prepared for LED lighting swaps in the future. Now I just have to order that flasher online, since its $35 online and $120 locally.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.