What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Works well!

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thats good to hear. I'm going to get that ordered up today. My issues havent come back since I diagnosed it, but I know about it now, so its got to go anyway.

3. RAV52202

RAV52202 Member 100 Posts

I got mine inspected!

4. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok, this saga has ended happily! I've just collected Red Dust from shop, new starter ring gear, oil and filter change for tranny, new crank back oil seal, new oil pressure sensor and a bit of elbow grease (10 hours of labour, theirs, not mine I'm afraid) and the truck starts and runs very nicely, thank you.

However, the price of laziness and incompetence was close to a one thousand euros.
    The next hurdle will be yearly MOT, current one runs out end of this month, but for today and for the weekend it'll be gentle cruising to the gym and shops and possible collection of some more firewood tomorrow without a care in the world :=)

-J

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I just got done washing the truck with a snow canon.... and drying it off with a commercial backpack blower and then waxing it with a 6.5inch orbital polisher and then removing the wax by hand... and tire dressing all the way around.

6. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Got mine covered in another 1/4" of road salt this morning. Damn wisconsin weather and the lack of decent winter drivers here. She needs a washing REAL BAD! :rofl::rofl:

7. mljjones67

mljjones67 New Member

Replaced the bad upper ball joint on the drivers side. Bought the ball joint press to put it in.. It made it real easy! The only problem I had was the moog rubber boot was a pain to put on then it popped off when I had it all back together!! Took another hour to get it back on.. aaaggg But I like working on my rigs. Next the Tahoe needs a new water pump because it is leaking out of the weep hole.. Then on to the intermediate steering shaft lubing mod on both!

8. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Washed my truck today at the car wash that has spotless rinse , tired now from two hours wiping the water spots off,:grrrrrr: paid $40 for a half tank of gas. replaced the thin plastic chrome and warped license plate frame with a wider black one with screw cap covers. Gave away a bottle of sticky Turtle Wax Ultra Wet Tire Shine that makes a mess and bought a two cans of Armor All Tire Foam on sale ,all I need now is a pretty girl wearing a bikini to lay across the hood.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      80.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Took the truck to a mechanic I trust and handed him the keys so that he can perform routine maintenance while I'm traveling for business, next week. (I pay someone else to do this work because I can't rotate my own tires due to lower back issues ... and if I have to get someone to do it, I might as well just get them to do all of the boring stuff...)

10. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

Fresh MOT and a spanking new battery. The needle was hovering around -20 celsius this morning and the battery was dead. Luckily I always have a booster battery fully charged at home so klick klack went the cable mouths and vroom vroom said Red Dust :=)

-J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.