What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Changed the oil and filter. also replaced the reverse lights with a set of LED's.

2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Well tomorrow I'll be installing my new EGR in-channel window visors, AMI powder coated black bowtie for the tailgate, 5W cree LED reverse light bulbs for the taillights, giving the truck a complete wash/dry, then half to put gas in it cause the fuel range is too low to read.

3. Mr.454

Mr.454 New Member

I pulled my grill, and did a little restoration on my pitted and fogged headlights. Worked out ok. Probably going to replace them now that I can't get 'em looking new again.

4. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Put on a brand new set of 285/50 R20 Goodyear Eagle II tires. Replaced the pitman arm, the idler arm, dummy box, inner & outer tie rod ends w/clamps.

5. krp2nite

krp2nite New Member

Amsoil Synthetic from front to back...Changed / Flushed every fluid over to synthetic (Front/Rear Diff, Transfer case, Transmission, Power steering) Brake fluid got flushed but just normal DOT 3...50,000 miles on the truck. Spent half the day working in the garage changing all these fluids, saving god knows how much money by doing myself--when I come in and tell the wife all I got done...she says "thats all...I thought you were fixing something" :grrrrrr:

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I replaced my low beams with a set of Sylvania Silverstar xFe's.

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We'll need to compare notes. I looked at these and recall them being whiter than silverstar ultras but less actual light output than ultras. (That could be ok if the added whiteness yields more contrast.)

As for what I did, today -- troubleshot 194's not working properly in cargo lamp sockets -- and ruled out the 194's being defective. Back to the drawing board to find bright, white lights for the cargo lamps. Oh, I also took a new pic of the front end since so much has changed since Thanksgiving. The newer, cleaner, and still unfinished version looks like this:
    [​IMG]

8. silveron

silveron New Member

new wipers, washed it. ohio winter weather is a pain [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  9. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just finished a 2" leveling kit on the front from Max Trac. Pictures to come, what a difference! BTW, this was my Valentines present from my wife!!

10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Finished the dual battery setup, need to upgrade the fuses on it and took the truck through a touchless wash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.