1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

they dont buy it so they dont care.

filled my girl up with some gogo juice. price went up 6 cents a gal just as i finished fillin up
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

drove it to work and back. other then that, i started prepping the rims I bought for paint. scrubbed em real good with water and a brush, figured out how Im gonna paint em even.

gonna try and get some tapping done tomorrow, then paint over the weekend.

Alex
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Washed all the fresh salt offf her as snow brings salt trucks to our highways. Why salt? Well we hve one of the largest supplies of salt right here in The Great Salt Lake
  4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yesterday I threw a wash and wax on it. It came out looking great and all of the crap that was growing in the paint has gone away.

Right now, pulling a vacuum on the AC system. I got the truck with non-working AC. I pulled it down and it held the vacuum, so no real catastrophic leaks. The pump is pulling a vacuum on it now for about another 30 minutes before I throw the refrigerant to it.

Later, I am going to a new found salvage yard to look at seating alternatives. I want to replace the 88-94 model buckets and center console with the correct ones.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Man, I feel for you. I am scared to park mine almost anywhere because of things like that. I hope it buffs out good for you. Later. :glasses:
  6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Found a small dent in my rear bumper last night. Not sure where I got it. I always park away from everything and still!!!! WTF
  7. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Better than sand and rocks! I avoid traveling in Maine in the winter cause they use more sand than salt which chips my paint:grrrrrr:

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Wow you are a lot kinder w/ words than I'd be if I got a new door ding. Happened to me once while sitting in a grocery store parking lot. older lady let her door swing into my truck...I heard the knock and new my day was ruined.

Did you remove your side moldings? On my last truck they were painted so even if they got a ding it was enough to make me mad. The ones on this truck are somewhat textured as I prev. made mention of removing them however it could prevent damage.
  8. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Drove the truck for the first time in almost 4 days...felt good to hear the exhaust again. :great:
    Waiting on better weather for the bigger projects such as the grille install and maybe removing side moldings.
    Today though I installed a cheap mod...AMS black stubbie antenna. This is likely to be the only pics you will see of my truck as dirty as it is; shame on me for posting them. Didn't check to see how the FM worked, but I mostly listen to satellite or my iPod. Need to add the iPod integration kit to the wish/need list. Maintaining that list is work in itself.
    NewAntenna_3.2.12.jpg
    NewAntenna_1_3.2.12.jpg
  9. RebelChevy

RebelChevy New Member

gonna tighten down the control arm bolts now that the lift is installed. waitin on the cash to pick up some Hankook 35's
  10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I still have my molding, it all came out thank god or I would of had words with the dude that parks next to me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.