What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Well not today, but I did not have an internet connection available earlier this week so:

Washed, waxed, and shampooed the carpet and then put the fog machine, and black lights back in. Also went to the dealer ship collecting vin numbers and running car faxes on them to see if they have been in any wrecks as a precurser to buying a new used truck.
  3. donyms

donyms New Member

Well, I brought my old girl to the dealer for an oil change and general check up and they came back with Low on freon, low pressure switch stuck on, right side inner and outer tie rod ends bad and they recommended a tune up. I recently done the plugs and wires so I told them I would pass on that. I went to another place to get a second opinion on the front end and they said there was slight movement on the inner tie rod end but the outer one was fine and they didn't feel that it was needing changing now and to bring it back in 6 months and they would check it again. The dealership wanted like 260.00 to fix the A/C so I went to our local A/C guy and he told me to go to the parts house and get a low pressure switch so I did and he installed the switch and topped off the freon and charged me $20.00 my air now works perfect. The dealership did change my oil, balance the tires and flush the coolant system at my request and as usual they did a great job. I really want to do something differant with the exaust tips on my truck but I haven't found what I want yet. I have the magnaflow muffler with a Y pipe and duel 3" angle cut chrome tips now but the chrome tips are rusting after only a year so if you have any suggestions I am open to Ideas.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Ordered a new Helo 835 17x8 6x5.5 wheel and a new 315/70R17 Nitto Trail Grappler for use as a full size spare. Also ordered a 10" Rapid Hitch adjustment rack for use with my Rapid Hitch equipment.
  5. SierraBomber

SierraBomber New Member

Put my Wet Okole seat covers back on. Word to the wise, a little OCD and aftermarket seat covers are not a real good match!
  6. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Installed my new in-channel window visors that Ben from EGR hooked me up with. They were easy to install and look great on the truck. I like how low profile they are on the truck.
    100_1589.jpg
    100_1594.jpg
    100_1594.jpg
    100_1587.jpg
    100_1591.jpg 100_1592.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Also took some pics of the new Line-x premium liner I had sprayed in of Tuesday.
    100_1550.jpg
    100_1583.jpg
    100_1584.jpg
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

looking good storm! love me some line-x.

Alex
  9. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I really need to line x my truck the bed is about as much grey metal as it is black. & people think I don't haul stuff in my truck.
  10. SierraBomber

SierraBomber New Member

The Line-X looks great. Had the same thing put in mine about 2 years ago and still looks as fresh as the day they sprayed it. Wouldn't use anything else! Also love the in-channel window visors. To me they look better than the surface mounted ones.
  11. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Thanks Alex
  12. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Thanks. I agree the in-channels look much better. EGR rocks.
  13. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Drove to meet aloxdaddy99, Sierraowner5.3, nakranij, medicmatt, and moogvo at a mini-meet in NC.
  14. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Washed and waxed my truck... Got to utilize some of the Adams products I won. Used the butter wax, tire dressing, window cleaner and leather protectant. The butter wax producted great results... But not as shiny as the americana wax. But went on and off very easily. Tire dressing was good... Produces more of an even satin shine than armor all... Makes the tires look new... Glass cleaner was the best I ever used... With no streaks. One neat thing is all products smelled very nice... Kind of like the smells at the beach (sun scream)
  15. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan New Member

Upon arriving from traditional mid-summer cruise I noticed that despite very heavy rain lately the bed cover of Red Dust was dry, not a sign of the normal pool after heavy downpour. Sure enough, the water was in the bed, there being a small hole smack in the middle. For a quick remedy, I covered it with a piece of gaffa tape, but I guess its time to start looking for a new bed cover.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  16. BoneHead

BoneHead New Member

Getting mine wired up and ready to pull a travel trailer. Still need to get a brake controller. Looking at the Tekonsha Voyager on ebay. Used, but I'm not gonna pull the trailer that often. Hopefully it works well.
  17. RallySTX

RallySTX New Member

BoneHead, I hope you have an external trans cooler on that rig, the one built into the radiator aint enough for towing. If you do, please fprgive me, and best of luck with the ebay controller. Happy Trails.
    Brian L.
  18. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Painted my new pillar mount to match my trucks interior for my BullydogTripledog GT tuner... Installing later this week once the paint is fully cured.
  19. BoneHead

BoneHead New Member

I've got the factory HD cooler. Should be fine. My Dad pulled this trailer a few years back with a 92 c1500 burban with a 5.0 and 700r4. No towing package or external trans cooler and did just fine. I've got a 5.7 with the 4l60 and that HD cooler. I should be fine.
  20. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I bought the DiabloSport InTune and got my truck tuned. It was a bit of a pain to get the InTune to update before use, but the results are great. It doesn't feel like I'm driving a >5500lb chunk of steel anymore. I had the Diablosport predator on my last truck and I'm just as happy with the InTune on this one.

I also bought the Sirius satellite radio kit to add that to my Kenwood nav unit, so I'll be adding that in at some point this week before I head out on a road trip on Thursday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.