1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Removed front grille in preparation for replacement of OEM headlamp assemblies with aftermarket projector assemblies. Sealed LED DRL/signal assemblies. Sealed projector headlamp assemblies. Added male quick disconnect connectors to LED & halo wires in projector assemblies Soldered heat-shrink wrapped wire-to-wire connections for LED & halo wiring within projector assemblies. Added wire loom to protect LED and halo wiring. Lubricated pivot points for brake pedal to eliminate brake pedal squeak.
  2. GM Tech

GM Tech New Member

I drove through 6" of snow in town and pulled a few people out of the ditch, made $50.00
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

About to get her up on jackstands for some preventative maintenance again. Might replace tie rods today but not sure.
  4. SurrealOne

Re-installed LED DRL/signal assemblies. Installed & aimed halogen projector lamps. Replaced grille. Removed 4x4 decals. Replaced 921 cargo lamp bulbs with 4000K incandescent bulbs. Loaded custom tune revised for 4.56 gears onto Diablosport Predator in preparation for 4.56 re-gear on Thursday 3/22/11.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  5. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

put new wipers on my 94 silverado yesterday and spent like 5 hours today fixing the weak lock, so now it locks when i click the lock button, and i fixed the window washer mister so both mist out instead of just 1, i also fixed the door armrest on the inside which was loose. i also painted my rear diff cover red with some ceramic red paint and i painted the axle black :) and touched up part of the upper door above the window with some white paint because it was starting to rust. cant tell anymore! did alot of work on her today!
  6. 4x4squared

4x4squared New Member

spent 3 hours hopping from auto parts store to auto parts store trying to find a u-joint -.-
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Replaced the oil pressure sensor and wet sanded/polished my headlights
  8. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

Rewaxed the hood w/ some spray wax when I got home because some knucklehead smoker at work got ash all over my hood. Makes me wonder why they were so close. Ash would have blown away if some other knucklehead didn't wash his windshield which inadvertently made the ash stick to my spotless truck. Looks like i should get used to getting exercise cause now I'm parking waaaay in the back
  9. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I finished the installation of my backup camera. I mounted it in the Avalanche's massive bezel around the tailgate handle and ran the wires to my Kenwood nav unit. I tied in the power to the ignition switched power to my radio so I can use the rear-view feature of my radio to watch behind while I'm driving forward. The composite plastic/fiberglass tailgate was a huge pain to run wires through (easy to drill the holes in though). Overall, I'm pretty happy with the outcome and now I can see the tiny little cars that pull right up behind me and disappear from view at red lights.

Once the weather warms up enough to do paint, I plan on painting that big plastic bezel and either painting or putting a chrome cover on the tailgate handle (I can't seem to find a real chrome one for the Avalanche that doesn't cost an arm and a leg).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. SurrealOne

Several questions:
    1) Which camera is that?
    2) Is it a colour camera?
    3) Is it an IR camera with IR emitters?
    4) Does it have a tri-colour wire-frame rectangle of where the vehicle would be if it backed up?
    4) How's the rearward view with it at that angle?

I'm asking because I'm considering replacing my backup camera. Mine's colour, is IR with emitters, and has the wire-frame ... but I'm not entirely happy with its video quality. However it was a whopping 27 bucks and intended to get my feet wet, so a replacement isn't a bank-breaker. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.