What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I picked up this camera on eBay from a US seller for about $40 including shipping to Canada. It is color, with the IR emitters. It does have the wire-frame, and its all yellow instead of tri-color. I was hoping that it would catch the top of the bumper pad at that angle to give a better reference of where the truck actually is like I've seen with installs on 2007+ avalanches, but it seems that the older trucks don't have enough downward angle for that. I'll have to throw my draw bar into the hitch to see if it will pick that up - it would be nice to be able to see the hitch as I back up to my trailer. Overall, the view is pretty good. The color isn't the greatest, but the picture is fairly clear. The only thing it lacks on is that it picks up a lot of glare if there are headlights behind at night - it still gives a clear view of the road though. Bottom line is that I'm very happy with it... except that I somehow managed to crack the glass lens during installation.

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Hooked a boat up to her and about to head out to relieve some of this week and months stress

3. spicerdd

spicerdd New Member

I installed two rear Calipers on my truck, because they were seized solid. $80 each at Canadian Tire.

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The '95 is going in to have the back window re-tinted today. Apparently, the tint shop didn't bother to clean the glass before installing the film. There is a bunch of crud between the glass and film, which worked out well because the tint is really too dark for me at 5% anyway. I think I am going to go with 20% so I can see through it!

5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

gave it a good bath, and removed the SLT badges from the cab corners. The one on the drivers side was already peeling, so I just pulled it off the rest of the way, and removed the passanger side as well. scrubbed the areas real good, and you cant tell there used to be something there.

also started prepping the other three rims for paint, sanded them, and started taping areas off.

pics to follow on that topic later.

Alex

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Haha that cracked me up. That's gunna be my rainy day burn out excuse

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ordered autobot valve caps. Yup ... autobot valve caps!

8. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Replaced yet another O2 sensor. This one is the upstream one, bank 2.

9. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I smoked my headlights. Spent about 4 hours doing it, but I got it done right!

2012-03-16_17-48-45_HDR.jpg

10. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Wow, that looks super dark, you sure it's not illegal? I do like i though!! :sign0173:
    I noticed that when I smoked my fog lights (not as dark) the light appeared more yellow, have you noticed this w/ the headlights?
    I've watched videos on smoking lights and they make it look so easy by speeding up the time lapse.
    You mentioned 4 hours of labor, what were some of the issues you had? I assume you did a wet application? Did you uninstall your lights to do this?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Today I went to a custom vinyl graphics place to check out my options for wrapping my bumpers in vinyl. Thought it would be much cheaper than trying to get bumper covers or paint my bumpers and it was so I scheduled my appointment for 2 weeks from today. I'm doing a very dark smoke grey color (Pantone Matching System 425). When I go to the appointment they said they would print some bigger swatches so I could get a better idea of the contrast against the black paint and the grey plastic underneath the bumper. I'm also doing the bowtie on the grille the same color so it contrasts a little more.

Hard to get a visual because a monitor can skew the actual color but here is a link:
    http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.