What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I used vinyl to do it...but it only cost me $5 because of a friend who owns a body shop. I removed the housings. I had some issues with laying it because it wanted to bunch up on the edges. I just took it out for a drive and the lights are very dull. Almost a blue color now, but my friend Matt told me a few minutes ago (after driving it) that the vinyl is the equivalent of 20% window tint...no wonder I can barely see!

I'm gonna strip them in the morning and just put LED bulbs in later in the afternoon. I would rather have functional than cool.

2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

seriously? You put 4 hours worth of work into that! You must be bummed. I thought it did look darker than 35% If there is no law against putting on light covers you could do something like that. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

You said LED Bulbs? In the headlights?

3. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Yeah, seriously. LED turn signal bulbs, and I should have my PIAA's in tomorrow.

4. AMac

Oh okay, I thought you were saying you were planning on using LEDs for your headlights (low-beams).

Again, sorry it didn't work out but at least you learned how to do it for other projects. You can get a lighter tint and maybe start w/ the fog lights to see how it works for you.

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Installed a new Kenwood Head Unit with Bluetooth, HD Radio, and Setup my cell phone for hands free dialing...... that is the best part if you have never done it before.......

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

took off the roll cover yesterday, today, put on some DeeZee bed rail caps. diamond plate style. pics to come.

tool box is getting put back on as well.

Alex

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Filled up the 34 gallon tank with fuel. Detailed the interior. Washed and clayed the exterior. Barely squeezed the truck catty-cornered into the 2-car garage ... and then covered it to keep it pollen-free and (cat) paw-print free ... so that I can wax it and rain-x the windows in the morning.

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Waxed the truck, applied rain-x to all glass, and cleaned up the wheels and tires. I'll take some pics later today if the weather allows me to do so...

9. AMac

Well I sure hope the weather would allow you to do so. Wouldn't want all that hard work to go to waste! I bet she looks good all sparkly :great:

10. BoneHead

BoneHead Member

Went to the beach yesterday. First chance I've had to play around with the 4wd. She did great. I had no issues where other truck were getting stuck, or almost getting stuck. Then ran it through a car wash last night that has the undercarriage wash. Gotta get the sand off it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.