What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeRocket

joeRocket New Member

This evening I pulled off my left side door panels (driver side front and back) and tried tracing the wires and examining fuses to try to see why both power door locks on the driver side were not working. Then I searched and found this and other forums, to find that I probably had bad luck and had both actuators fail on me. I guess my next step is to check the wires with a multimeter to make sure both actuators are really dead before I try to order parts?

By the way, I'm new around here. :)
  2. Curky

Curky New Member

For my B-Day yesterday I got and put on: Husky fitted splash guards and Trail-FX window vents. I will put the back splash guard on Saturday when I have the truck on the lift to add my 2.5 leveling kit.

7-19-12.jpg
  3. post3ll

post3ll New Member

last night after work I stayed late and install my new silverstars. They work great!
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Truck is looking good Curky :great:
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Wasn't there supposed to be a link in that?
  6. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

:lol: good call... I copied it but forgot to put it in here.

http://www.raintracker.com/rt_more_info.php

The compatibility section on their site will let you see the installation instructions specifically for your truck.
  7. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

I drove it for the first time in over a week today.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Thanks! I wonder how well this works, especially if your windshield is lightly tinted like mine is (mine's done because it gives 70% UV protection, which reduces cab heat levels in the summer). I'll put it on my research list...
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Oh, and as for what I've done with my truck, today. I received my Tru-Cool 40K GVW transmission cooler. Some of the fins were not straight thanks to the packaging failing to include cardboard on BOTH sides of the cooler -- so the fittings beat it up a bit in transit. I straightened those out and then, since the thing is silver and will be visible through my grille, I applied a coat of high heat black primer to it. It's drying now and will get coat #2, tomorrow.

I also removed my instrument cluster in preparation for the addition of a transmission temp gauge tomorrow.
  10. Brian Stanton

Brian Stanton New Member

Installed new right rear bumper end on my 2008 Silverado old one had hole in it bought it that way on July 5
  11. Brian Stanton

Brian Stanton New Member

Next thing to be done will be to replace black door handles with white color mached ones already on the way and install my HID in the low beam and fog lights
  12. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I added the transmission temp gauge, new overlay, and white needles. The result? No luck. So, it looks like my instrument cluster is NOT programmed to read the tranny temp. I'm researching possible next steps. On the plus side I finished painting the new transmission cooler.
  13. dpeter

dpeter New Member

Changed the water pump the other day. I used to want and really missed having a project vehicle until I came to the realization that I already do and I just changed the water pump in it! It's a 2000 Yukon and looks like it rolled off the showroom floor last month. Just rockin stock keeps me plenty occupied.
  14. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

Today I put a small house note worth of gas into her. Then after the rain somewhat let up, I fixed the mounts for the bug shield...thats about it
  15. Skippy

Skippy New Member

Replaced the Tailgate handle bezel. Took longer to take it out of the package. Was going to buy a genuine GM part (@$30) but figured that's what broke in the first place. Went with an aftermarket Amazon.com part for $4.95 shipped. Thing is solid, looks great and I couldn't be happier.
  16. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Washed the Phantom again today and tried a new product from turtle wax. Its a wet tire look in a rattle can that so far I am impressed with the ease of application and look. Was about $13 and I used almost the whole can for my big tires. Says it will last for a few months and withstand rain and car washes after curing for a few days. Says not to drive in the first hour after application. I will post a pic and a review after a couple weeks of use.
  17. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Got a link to the aftermarket part?
  18. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Filled her up and wash her real good. Then took a cruise to the truck show. A few more mods and I wouldn't mind entering a few shows myself.
  19. Lexi_Girl4801

Lexi_Girl4801 New Member

I raced a Blazer.. And won ;)
  20. ShaneB

ShaneB New Member

This WEEK, we had a bath, changed U-bolts and plates and added a relay switch for the offroad lights. I hope to do a Herculiner splash and fender coat in the next couple weeks...maybe look at shocks.:great:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.