1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Came home from spring break and my truck was covered in pollen so she got a good washing
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The weather person called for rain yesterday and I washed the truck anyway betting it wouldn't rain -- and it didn't. I waxed it catty-cornered in the garage (making some things tough work due to close proximity to walls) because it WAS raining in the wee hours of last night. It's raining right now, too.

I don't mind that it's raining. This is the first wax job I've been able to do to the truck and it sorely needed it; lack of beading is why this was done. (I was going to wax it around Thanksgiving but the weather turned on me after I washed it. Not letting that happen twice.)
  3. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Well I wasn't planning on doing anything to the truck today because I had a lot of other things to do. I went running and brought my house key with me, or so I thought; but when I returned home I realized I was locked out. I used the neighbors phone to get someone to unlock my house but had to wait so I decided to wash the truck. I thought it would be a waste to wash it because I didn't have anything to dry it with. After being let in the house though I was able to grab my truck keys and pull out all my detailing stuff so needless to say, 2.5 hours later the truck is spotless once again. Too hot out for waxing though so I think I might do that tomorrow night. I would have taken pictures but how many pictures of my clean truck do I need considering it's washed once a week? Okay maybe I'll take another one tomorrow after waxing...lol

Oh and today I am thankful that there are 3 water hoses outside my house and that we keep the wash bucket and soap outside.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I washed mine the other day... but one of the spinning brushes in the wash didn't work so I got a free second wash after they fixed it. Once it was clean, I found out that the people that park in my parkade at my university are a bunch of idiots and i have like 10 door scuffs down the passenger side of my truck from people opening their doors into it all winter.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i feel ya, some peole have been dinging up my wifes car as well. my truck has had a few bumps a bo bos from people not paying attention.

its like, just because you have a POS, dosnt mean you can smack my nice ride up.

Alex
  6. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

That definitely is a downer about your new door scuffs. One of the reasons I frequently wash my vehicle is to inspect for scratches so I know where not to park next time around. Do you think you'll be able to get the scratches out?
  7. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm hoping I'll be able to get them out - none of them had dings or anything so a bit of rubbing compound and polishing compound before the polishing when I detail my truck after winter is gone should hopefully make them go away. And I will be parking on the far side of the parkade now to try to avoid other vehicles.
  8. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Used my new Adam's sealant with my PC polisher today. I'm very happy with it and highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to keep their ride looking sharp.

[​IMG]
  9. old school guy

old school guy New Member

install new chrome impact bar and 2" leveling kit and ventshades what a great day to play with my hobby truck :glasses:
  10. xsparky

xsparky New Member

Well took the old stock air intake tube out and put a Spectra adjustable air tube in. Hope that will put some better air flow in the 5.3.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.