What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 New Member

Today I replaced the rear seal in my t-case, changed the u-joints with new severe duty joints, and did a rear diff service. In a couple of weeks i'll be installing a 6" suspension lift and replacing the master cylinder. After that I jst have to find some tires (which will break the bank) and get it on the alignment rack. Thank god I work at a shop with hydraulic lifts and all the tools I need!!!
  2. Curky

Curky New Member

Well yesterday I put on my back fitted mud flaps and sprayed the back wheel well with rhino liner, gave it a nice fished look for $12 for spray
  3. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member

I put my westin step bars back on yesterday, realized why i bought them in the first place. Also ordered a deezee 43101 tailgate dampener from amazon, should make opening the tailgate a lot safer for my wife and kids and just easier for me especially when carrying something and having to open it.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Oh yes, it will. I -love- having a tailgate damper. Pull the tailgate handle, drop the tailgate and walk away as the damper does the rest!
  5. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member

One thing I noticed is that the tailgate on my sierra HD is a lot heavier feeling than other trucks. I had a rental ram last year and that tailgate was very light, same thing on my 2011 f-150 I had at my last job. For the heck of it i tried my brothers 2000 silver ado and also seems lighter. none of them had dampeners I could see either. Now just the waiting game until it arrives.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Most of the new trucks have EZ-Lift tailgates which use a torsion bar to handle the weight instead of you having to do it.
  7. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

looked at my poor truck when I left for work this afternoon. She decided not to start
  8. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla New Member

I took my truck back to the dealer today for my CEL again this is about the 6th? time I have taken it in for the Evap code. And after two new OEM gas caps they still say it is leaking, so basically all they did yet again was clear the code and say hope that fixes it. That being nothing... So I am done with this dealership and will try their competitor that is actually closer to my house. They originally replaced the fuel sensor, and vent solenoid or something to that effect, and still got the code. My truck is 5 years old and has been very well maintained with only 30k miles. I just don't think they really have good troubleshooting and diagnosing skills and plan on contacting Chevy directly about this... anyone have any ideas?
  9. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

Wow 5 years old and only 30K I'm jealous..

Today I got my new alarm in the mail, now have to get it installed!
  10. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

Well today I had my Kenwood system installed, and tomorrow I'm getting my bass control put in. Sounds amazing!
  11. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

Got some more trim work on the 65 snapped a quick photo of the cramped garage I'm doing the work in up at the lake house. Back n worth between the c10 and the cobra makes me wish everything was as simple as the old
    [​IMG]
    but this makes it all better
    [​IMG]
  12. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Well my baby got a full detail and the tender touch of my daughter driving her. Now she wants to take it 4 wheeling:gasp:. Nah I think not. She is the first to drive my baby other than service employees. Yes , I was sweating bullets as she likes fast cars and faster trucks. No scratches , that I have found yet. This weekend I hope to install my new EGR visors. My daughter wanted to do it while I was on the road. But I requested she wait till I get home and then she can help.:lol:
  13. 01stepside

01stepside New Member

I drove her to work and remembered how badly I need to change the oil. I'll probably do that this weekend
  14. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I installed the egr visors that I took off of my totaled truck. Then I got stuck in the first rain storm with it and found a puddle on the passenger side floor. Looks like I will be pulling the lower dash apart tonight to try to figure out what is going on. Now I know why they had to replace the blower motor and resistor. The water is running right into them.:grrrrrr:
  15. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

This morning I replaced the tailgate latch's bezel, made a minor tweak to my amp's gain settings, and eliminated one more bass rattle that I tracked down last week.
  16. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

17. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

What I have done today

I guess I have a list this time around:

• Washed
    • Waxed
    • had a HID kit for my low beams professionally installed
    • installed putco Map and Dome LEDS inside the truck.
    • State inspection completed
    • Paid the illegal tax for my license plate so my tag is valid for another 12 months.
    • Picked up supplies to wet sand 2000-2500 git sand paper to remove the orange peel from my paint.

Hopefully I will be able to wash, claybar, wet sand and then re-wax the truck next week.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  18. DRuben

DRuben New Member

I got the day off and decided to do something to my truck. I ended up debadging and demolding the entire truck and I cut off the muffler and put a turndown pipe in its place. I will eventually get the turndown welded into the pipe but until then I just used some clamps I had laying around. I love the sound and new look :) I guess my next appearance mod will be to paint the bowties either grey or black...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  19. skullblaster

skullblaster New Member

I started to pull transmissions from my Suburban and my wife's Caprice so that I can swap tail shafts and get the burb on the road again. 700 miles on a new engine and she's been sitting for to long. I have less than a week to get the job done. Good thing I have kids to help me with the project.
  20. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

Well after finally snapping and letting the problems get to me, I contemplated just putting cruise on and bailing out and hoping she only smashed into a tree :lol:

Right now, there is the transfer case issue, a new whining issue that I don't know, A/C belt tensioner, rear end, electrical crap, door hinge, and now the seal around the windshield broke...........not a happy camper
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.