What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

1. Removed my AutoLoc TL2 tailgate lock as the solenoid was dead.
    2. Determined that a design issue with the AutoLoc TL2 tailgate lock probably caused the failure; the TL2 mechanism was catching on the left side of the OEM tailgate latch.
    3. Inspected the Pop & Lock PL8110 tailgate lock with which I was going to replace the AutoLoc TL2 tailgate lock and determined that the same deisgn flaw would manifest.
    4. Took a cutting wheel to the OEM tailgate latch and cut/smoothed a channel for the tailgate lock
    5. Wired, mounted, and tested the Pop & Lock PL8110 with the modified OEM tailgate latch; all was well.
    6. Removed my PlasmaGlow Firestorm tailgate bar for return to PlasmaGlow under warranty.
    7. Cleaned up tailgate bar location on truck.
    8. Diagnosed problem where heat blows on the passenger side (only) when the AC is on; determined cause to be the passenger side blend door -- unsure if it's stuck or the actuator is dead.
    9. Determined path to get to the passenger side blend door actuator; it's buried deep in the dash.
    10. Located an online part that sells for half what a stealership wants for a blend door actuator. Will obtain blend door actuator part number from stealership on Monday to make sure the part is compatible and order it online...

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Replaced the seats in my '95 with actual '95 seats. (instead of the 88-94 seats it came with.)

Here's how it turned out:

[​IMG]

3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Installed my bed rail caps today.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That came out looking very good, M. Why does it look like you're missing your tailgate in that pic? Is it off ... or down?

5. moogvo

Tailgate was down... Makes a great work bench while at the same time, it keeps the little ones from climbing in the bed and making off with my tools, although a 9/16 gear wrench managed to disappear today. I'm sure I will find it... With the mower probably!

I was afraid I would hate giving up the storage of the center console with this swap. When cleaning out the console, it was mostly junk anyhow. I would like to find a cup holder from the center jump seat on an '03. I could make that work on my 95. That slide out cup holder sort of sucks.

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, I had something go wrong on my truck for the first time that required immediate attention. I had the right rear caliper lock up on me so I found a new pair of rear calipers at Oreilly's and painted them, installed them and bled out the rear brakes Friday night.. Got done at 12:30 AM. All is well now, I guess it is not unusual for the calipers to need changing after 10 years. I hope the front doesn't go out any time soon, I hate working on brakes. :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Your seats look great, good job. I too am partial to the cloth, I have had leather before and it doesn't last as long as the cloth. anyway, great job Tom. :glasses:

7. TJbear

TJbear Rockstar 100 Posts

Finished fuel pump replacment fiasco. Discovered a leak in the feed line at one of the so called "quick connect" fittings near the vapor canister. At least my fuel gauge works now, lol.

8. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Installed my new low profile tonneau cover. Will get some pictures of it tomorrow after I wash it, since it is supposed to be nice weather here.

9. moogvo

Thank yo very much. I took a 4 hour ride in them for the first time today. I like how I can use the center console as an arm rest and my hand is naturally on the shifter. They feel good. I have to hook up the passenger's side lumbar support because it wasn't factory wired for it, but that is small stuff!

10. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

New Exterior Door Handle, Alternator, Belt, Idler and Tensioner. Oil Change With Penzoil Hi Milage and Fram Filter, Replace Blower Switch.

184K and Still Going Strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.