GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinner

Dinner New Member

Gave it a bath.

Full detail this weekend.

Krown under oiling next week. Gotta love living in Ontario, Canada.
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Rotated and rebalanced my tires at work. Took a look at the brakes while all the wheels were off. Brakes are looking good and this is probably the last rotation these tires have on them.
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

After driving home last night, I re-adjusted my headlight lamp casings and wow what a difference. driving to work this morning I think I nailed the right height down; I was behind a honda civic and the HID's light up the trunk perfect, but were not aimed so high that I was blowing out the interior of the car in front of me :)
  4. Attacksz

Attacksz New Member

I'm planning to put in true-duals on mine. On my 04, the exhaust splits off the manifold into two pipes, with two cats. What I'm gonna do is cut off right after the cats, and run two seperate pipes all the way to the back bumper, with 4" rolled-end tips. No muffler, but 2 cats. Should be able to pass emissions, and still sound pretty good.
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

I replaced my serpentine belt and replaced my front cornering bulbs and license plate bulbs with Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. Who ever did the license bulbs last used the wrong bulbs and slightly melted the harness.

Also properly inflated my tires, helped ride a bit, truck was feeling too bouncy. Tires were each down about 4-6psi except left front that was only down maybe 1-2psi.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  6. gabethesvg

gabethesvg New Member

Added EGR FLARES and ordered window visors and bug shield!!
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I purchased a Robinair -40F to +160F AC thermometer, a Mastercool R134a can tap, a Neiko R134a manifold gauge set, and a Haynes automotive HVAC manual, today, in preparation for learning to test my AC system's refrigerant level and add refrigerant, if needed.
  8. AMac

AMac New Member

A couple days ago there was a spider on my windshield. I tried to get him but I was driving; he then crawled into the headliner. A couple days later I went to get something in my truck, it was dark but he came out so I squished him on my windshield :) I still need to clean up the scene, but it reminds me that I don't have to look for him anymore :great:

- - - Updated - - -

Love the new flares, they go great with the wheels, you've done an awesome job with the truck!
  9. gabethesvg

gabethesvg New Member

AMAC Thanks for the props means alot , still got a few ideas in thought but shes coming along quite well i think. Your truck is look good, Clean and shiny as always :D
  10. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Added a 15" black AMI Big Stick antenna. Radio reception seems to have improved a little. Surprised me a little cause I expected to lose a bit.
  11. lindadale

lindadale New Member

Nothing special.I just clean it and get a long ride with a high speed.
  12. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Got her inspected and also installed some new windshield wipers (Rain-X) and topped off the washer fluid.
  13. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

not today, but yesterday....

was on a work detail pulling out some old PT equipment. came to the conclusion digging it all out by hand with a shovel (30 some odd posts, most at least 3 feet down, and concrete!) was gonna take WAY to long, so my truck got a bit of a work out pulling em out. most we had to dig a little to loosen em up, wrapped the chain on em and out they came. had I had better traction (loose dirt/sand) we may have just been able to jerk em out. 4x4 high and a good tug was enough on most of em, some took a few pulls. I didnt romp on it to much due to traction issues and not wanting to bend things up on my truck.... did get one pic ill post if anyone wants to see it, not the best tho (i didnt take it)

Alex
  14. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I picked up a York 210L compressor w/ rotolock fittings for my OBA project.
  15. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I ground off the rivets holding the latch to the underbody tool box on the Duramax and pulled the latch out. Pried the door open (its a bit bent), did some grinding to make the newer stronger latch fit, some hammering to make the door fit, and bolted the new latch in. Now I have a nice working tool box under the deck, and its lockable. As a nice bonus, the truck came with a couple of spare fuel filters in the tool box.
  16. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I picked up a 6-groove clutch for my York 210 compressor.
  17. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Ordered an LM487 so I can finish my LED conversion with out those pesky resisters.
  18. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but If you can cancel that order, you should. The 1999-2002 trucks used a different flasher module (although considerably less expensive). The LM487 is for 2003-2007 classic only.

The part you need for your truck is an EP29L Led flasher. It's smaller and you should be able to get one for cheaper than the LM487.
  19. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I ordered a 0-400psi sending unit and Dakota Digital air pressure gauge for in-cab use with my OBA project.

This underscores why I hate Sierra/Silverado wiring differences. I need 99-02 Silvy tails for my 04-06 Sierra due to wiring differences ... and yet the flasher module I need for my 04-06 Sierra apparently won't work in a 99-02 Silvy ... due to wiring differences. There's no consistency to it. How the heck are we supposed to know when things will and won't cross over between models ... especially when I call GMC customer service to find out which gauges will and won't work in clusters among various GM models and THEY can't tell me. LOL!
  20. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Hi Pmf608,

Thank you :) I was able to cancel the order before it shipped and you are right, the other flasher module looks like it is around $16 instead of $33-$53.

Unfortunately RockAuto does not carry the one I need, so I will need to locate it somewhere different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.