1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I recommend the Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit. I just installed one on my 2012 last weekend and it was quite simple to do with the proper tools. Lots of people on here have it.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ugh, that's a hard way to learn a lesson.

Thanks!
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

got a few compliments on it today. thats about it.

Alex
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Drove her around for about 100 miles (seemed like it to me). Now staring at the Coors, thinking I should get a Coors and then wash the Coors
  5. SurrealOne

Today I made arrangements to remove and replace the front windshield tint, as it has a nasty scratch on the passenger side that's bugging me. It'll be done this weekend. Normally I'd not care, as it's super light tint ... but summer is coming and the 70% UV reflectivity the tint provides is a godsend when it's hot, as it keeps the cab a lot cooler.
  6. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

put a amp in and some 12s in a dowm fire box in a 98 z 71 ext cab. and to much to say on my 67
  7. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It started yesterday, I washed, claybared, washed, waxed,waxed,washed the truck, and polished my wheels. Then I removed all the interior from my truck, steamed all the seats and carpet, Fatmatted the entire interior, replaced the carpet with a new kit since my old carpet had a stain that wouldn't come out. This morning I put the interior back in, ordered some Bushwacker Extend-A-Flairs for it, ordered a set of Keys for the front, 2 inch blocks for the rear, 5100 series Bilstiens F&R,made an appt to get Linex done, made appt for the windows to be tinted, ordered a new lower airdam since I cracked mine, and now I'm eating a sandwich trying to decide on what wheels and tires I want to go with. More on that in the Wheel & Tire section in a few.

I'm pretty proud how the Ol' Girl cleans up.
  8. SurrealOne

Fatmatted the entire interior in a day? Dang you're quicker than I am. My floor, rear wall, a-pillars, b-pillars, and roof took an entire weekend with both days running 16-17 hours, each. The doors, dash, and center console took another weekend of the same length to do. I later pulled the center console and dash and added even more material (which took a single long day). I've probably got 90 hours invested in my sound deadning installation ...

As for what I did to my truck, today, I shipped my PlasmaGlow Firestorm back to the manufacturer for warranty service. The unit had condensation in it and began to act up. After that condensation mold began to grow. Yuck. This wouldn't be a problem if it had been sealed properly...
  9. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I haven't done the doors yet. I just did the floors, backwall, and firewall up to the dash. I'm waiting on my new headliner to be ready before I start on the roof. Unfortunately, My truck doesn't have the console. I'm planning to do the console swap when I find a nice one.
  10. SurrealOne

Ahh, you said you 'Fatmatted the entire interior' so I took you at your word. Sounds like you mis-spoke. As some advice, you'll want to do the a-pillars, b-pillars, and roof before it gets much hotter, outside. Trust me on this. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.