1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

Ordered new set of rims/tires from tirerack... buffed/waxed and cleaned the interior. I can not believe the diference a buffing made. Getting it ready a little each week for the king of trucks show int syracuse NY.... I we go it will only be for one day (Sat). Wontstand a chance against those guys with $30k worth of upgrades.. but my truck is really nice for a daily driver.
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Removed the brushguard from the Phantom and installed a center bumper grill(hard to see in pic) and gave it a bath.

brushgaurd off.jpg
  3. steved

steved Former Member

Installed Husky splash shields and Ionic running boards today. Maybe install my Uniden Grant tomorrow?

I highly recommend the Ionic boards, they are no drill and took about an hour to install.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

IMHO your truck looks a LOT better without the brush guard. The clutter reduction is substantial.

As for what I did to my truck, today, I washed it, did some bulb swaps so that I could review three different bulbs as part of my zXe review, installed my Gen2 customized (by me) Yukon Denali headlights, and snapped a few pics of those. For example:

[​IMG]
  5. the phantom

Yeah I visioned the brushgaurd off when I bought the truck but gave it a chance. I like it better without it myself. Thanks Surreal.
  6. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

DAMN that looks alot better man. That is one mean looking truck. Did you buy it straight off the lot like that, or did you add the mods on yourself?
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Changed the rear diff fluid for the first time today (blacker that the suburbs of New Orleans) and planning on doing the transmission fluid and filter next. Also packed a bit more grease into the yoke to reduce the slap from when it changes gears. Gave her a bit of a bath to the windshield and might change the oil today since the light came on in the message center. Reset it but might just change the oil filter for Schlitz and Millers.
  8. the phantom

Thanks Animal. I added the Headlight covers, Led taillights, 3rd brakelight, Hood, and bed rail covers. everthing else was on it (lift, rims & tires, wind gaurds, fender flares, nerf bars, color matched door handles ect.) when I bought it off the lot with 300 miles on it new.
  9. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Agreeed . Looks much better with out the guard at the door.

SurRealone I like the light mod. Waiting for reviews.
  10. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

Changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, found out that my transmission mount seems to be broken...so a trip to the dealership is in the plans for tomorrow. Thank God for extended warranties.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.