1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ouch. Well, at least you found out the good way. (i.e. Controlled environment.)
  2. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

Today nothing but driving but yesterday I had washed, dried, waxed, cleaned interior. Which the interior was overdue for some detailing. Then I got brave enough to pull out all the lower dash panels & painted them black. I had a can of SEM satin black which matched the factory black almost perfectly if not dead on. First time using this brand of paint & its great for a rattle can. Thinking for the high traffic areas I'll just swap out for factory black pieces & paint the stuff that won't be touched often. Also painted the A pillers, even the handle on the passanger side just to see how well the paint holds up to my wife using it. I don't have a bfore pic but look at the seats to know what the color used to be like. Now just gotta finish up the rest.
    gloveboxdoor.JPG lowerdashpanelsremoved.jpg reinstalledblackdashpanels.jpg reinstalledcolormatched.jpg
  3. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Looks good, man.

I got mine back from the dealer today. The guy said that he wasn't sure what caused my transmission mount to fail, but he did notice the "shifting" feeling that I reported and was shocked that I hadn't lost the drive shaft because of it...I'm just happy it's fixed.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I just got in a few minutes ago (at 1:15am) from changing the front brake rotors and pads on my truck. I was going to do the rears tonight to get them done since they are in worse shape and do the fronts tomorrow, but when I ordered the parts from NAPA over the phone because I couldn't get to the store during business hours, I found that they gave me oil seals instead of dust shields. I guess maybe those sound the same over the phone...

Anyway, off to NAPA tomorrow morning to get new dust shields to replace my rusty ones so I can have working back brakes in good condition tomorrow night before I leave to go camping on Friday.
  5. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

Finally got around to give Red Dust his spring bath. Still got to clean the interior and put more elbow grease on wheels. Maybe later, lunchtime...

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  6. jlowe165

jlowe165 New Member

I don't usually like to get on it to much, number one because I don't want to get pulled over, and number two because it makes the gas mileage go way down. But couldn't help myself today when this guy pulled up next to me at a stop light and started reving up his HEMI. He thought he was bad until alls he could see were my tail lights. I slowed down for him and then hit it again just to hurt his feelings. 036.jpg
  7. 4x4squared

4x4squared Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I like your style, sir. Lol today the c10 got new plugs and wires. Old wires were really bad and were fouling plugs :/
  8. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Packed it up with 120 cans of beer and a couple bottles of rum, vodka, and schnapps for the long weekend! Wish I could have put in the crate of firewood I cut up this week, but there is a fire ban this weekend :grrrrrr:
  9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

only2.jpg

Put nothing on her but I uploaded this picture of her onto my computer...this is from Tuesday night. Now there are only 2 4wds in this picture and my truck is one, can you find the other one that I didn't have to pull out?
  10. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Put on a new starter, and a new drivers side door handle at 113,456 mi. Gonna change the oil later today. '99 Burb K1500.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.