1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

yeah, I understand your frustration there. Fortunately my neighbors are pretty good about it but in the small town I lived in a few years back, I wouldn't have dared do that little test run because the town rent-a-cops had nothing better to do than harass people for stuff like that.

And I'm looking forward to seeing how these reverse lights work tonight. They sure look a lot better than the incandescent lights. My running board LEDs got quite a few comments from various people along my journey out camping and back this weekend.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The solution to that problem is to live somewhere with fewer neighbors ... ideally the kind of place where tractor crossing signs are common and so are tractors on the road. Out in the country no one much cares what you put on the road; people actually mind their own business instead of yours.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

put $30 worth of gas in it, and hauled a treadmill for a neighbor. glad i have it line-xed. makes hauling things so much easier.

Alex
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Had to haul the cobra back from the track. Blew out the rear end doing a good 120 or so and did a few spin and slapped a wallof tires, at least the only body damage was the mirrors, looks like I'm going to be re building the IRS. Had a nice 2 hour ride home to pick up my truck and trailer then 2 hours back to get it. Picked a great day not to trailer it to the track
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

thats rough. sorry to hear

pulled my fender flares off. hopefully get the new ones on tomorrow
  6. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I'm still working on the inside with the color changes. pictures will come later. As for the ATV talk I live in the country with tractors being on the road & for som reason my neighbor feels that he has to ride his 4wheeler in my yard all the time. Seeing a barbwire fence in the future lol.
  7. jlowe165

jlowe165 New Member

I'm not sure what brand it is. I will see if I can find out. It's def not westin. I like it because it attaches through the bumper to the tow hooks. I don't like the ones that go under the bumper. Search craigslist or facebook market in your area there are always truck stuff for sale. 002.jpg 003.jpg 005.jpg
  8. jlowe165

jlowe165 New Member

Seems like every time I pull up to a stop light someone wants to race. Four wide at a stop light F150 5.4, F250 Powerstroke, and a Chevy 2500. Still no one had anything for the VMax. Duramax was closest to me but I still had him by a truck length. Fords were the ones reving their engines and they had nothing for us.

cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, 3.73 gears, power programmer, premium tune= 400+ hp and 11 miles per gallon
  9. RallySTX

RallySTX New Member

Dropped in 8 new 60G glow plugs on Saturday. She started up like a new truck. Can't wait to call her mine.
    vanrear.jpg
  10. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

It looks like the smittybilt one. http://www.autoanything.com/grille-guards/61A4783A0A0A3315836.aspx
    Which I've been looking at so if this is what it looks like I may add the black one to the wish list; that is if the black is glossy.

thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.