1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I pulled my head unit out to try installing ground loop isolators to get rid of the alternator whine caused by the adapter for my aftermarket radio. Then I took the radio out a second time because the isolators worked when I tested them, but not once I put the radio back in and I decided that having them in the line wouldn't help sound quality if they didnt change anything. Then I took the radio out a 3rd time because the GPS antenna had been pulled off of the metal bracket in the dash that it was mounted on while I was working on everything earlier.
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is why I drive Chevys they don't blow up on me. Good news is it didn't crack or bend my control arms just need a new diff.its almost cracked in two I guess the 680 ft/lb was to much
  3. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I've seen alot of those bull bars on ebay & seems like they run in the $150 range. I've thought about getting one for my truck but on a 2wd doesn't seem right you know like seeing a Z71 on 24 in wheels with rubber band tires, just a little weird.
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  4. AutoAnything

AutoAnything New Member

I see plenty of bull bars on 2wd, and to each his own right? That is the beauty of modding! If YOU like it then that is all that really matters :)
  5. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Agree!!! I have a 2WD and I will be doing some mods soon. If you like the way it looks, get it… It is your truck and worse case you keep whatever you are replacing, wrap it up and put it in the shed. If you get rid of your truck for a new one or whatever sell or switch the parts back out.
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

About to put about 60 miles or so on her coupled with about 90$ worth of gas to go run my CFT coming up in a few hours. She's lucky I love her or I'd be riding a horse :lol:. But I might wash all the bugs off the front end and windshield before I go.
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

finished installing my new EGRUSA fender flares and washed it

Attached Files:

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

looking good dude!

how you like those, kinda makes me want a set of those for mine....

Alex
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks
    I like them alot so far. they look good with the bigger tires as the flares stick out a bit more than standard flares. the wife and I also decided to keep them black instead of color matched as we thought it went well with the rest of the black on the truck.
  10. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member

Took my truck back to dealership for third time in about a month due to continued CEL.. at first I thought I had put on gas cap wrong, after a week or two of CEL coming on, checking gas cap and clearing code, I made first trip to dealer and I bought a new gas cap..about 10 days later CEL came on again.. took to dealer and they replaced vent solenoid, for free under warranty.. about 4-5 days later driving to work CEL AGAIN! so today they replaced something they called a fuel pressure switch or something to that effect, thankfully once again free. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't see that CEL for a long time.. :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.