1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What headphones do you use??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ajarman, Apr 8, 2011.

1. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So I sit at a desk from 7:30 - 4:30 M-F and listen to music all the day long. I am on my second pair of Kicker EB141's and love the sound, but they just stop working once they get about 8 months old. I dont mind spending around $40 for a pair of ear buds, but not getting Kicker's again. Any recommendations???
  2. Schaub

Schaub Rockstar

Do they have to be ear buds? If so I really liked the Bose ones I had. but I wore them so much at work that they would snap the wires right at the plug-in. after 4 pairs (all warrantied) I gave up. I have some Skullcandy ones now that seem to be a bit more rugged and still sound pretty damn good.

Bose $100
    http://www.bose.com/controller?url=.../audio_headphones/in_ear_headphones/index.jsp

Skullcandy $70
    http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/fmj-black.html

If they dont have to be earbuds, I vote Bose. I know they're expensive but OMG they sound amazing.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  3. ajarman

Schaub, I have tryed out the Bose in the past and holy hell do they sound good. $100 is a lot to sollow, but I know they are worth the money. So you are happy with the Skullcandy? I am using the apple headphones right now until I pick a new pair out and the sound sucks and they are not comfortable at all and the cord is way too short.
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Don't use Skullcandy...they're waaaayy overpriced and aren't that great sound-wise. I use the Klipsch S4 headphones and although they are a little pricey at $80 (you can find them for less on ebay) and for the price, they sound great. There's also the Klipsch S2 headphones, less expensive at $50 but still good sound.
  5. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I have the klipsch in ear headphones, i really like them.
  6. ajarman

Thanks guys. I will check out Klipsch on eBay and amazon.
  7. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I use the Bose AE2 over-the-ear headphones. They aren't noise canceling(but still muffle outside noise) so no need to replace batteries, great sound quality expected from Bose, and EXTREMELY comfortable.

I love my pair and highly recommend them!
  8. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

try checking out SHURE, i have the kickers eb141 as well, sound great but uncomfortable as hell, i have to wear them backwards for them not to bother me
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well I have not worn Headphones in over 5 years But when I did I had 2 pairs of Sony MDR-V600's the same as most tv (Camera,director's) people Use.