What headphones do you use??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ajarman, Apr 8, 2011.

1. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So I sit at a desk from 7:30 - 4:30 M-F and listen to music all the day long. I am on my second pair of Kicker EB141's and love the sound, but they just stop working once they get about 8 months old. I dont mind spending around $40 for a pair of ear buds, but not getting Kicker's again. Any recommendations???

2. Schaub

Schaub Rockstar

Do they have to be ear buds? If so I really liked the Bose ones I had. but I wore them so much at work that they would snap the wires right at the plug-in. after 4 pairs (all warrantied) I gave up. I have some Skullcandy ones now that seem to be a bit more rugged and still sound pretty damn good.

Bose $100
    http://www.bose.com/controller?url=.../audio_headphones/in_ear_headphones/index.jsp

Skullcandy $70
    http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/fmj-black.html

If they dont have to be earbuds, I vote Bose. I know they're expensive but OMG they sound amazing.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  3. ajarman

Schaub, I have tryed out the Bose in the past and holy hell do they sound good. $100 is a lot to sollow, but I know they are worth the money. So you are happy with the Skullcandy? I am using the apple headphones right now until I pick a new pair out and the sound sucks and they are not comfortable at all and the cord is way too short.

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Don't use Skullcandy...they're waaaayy overpriced and aren't that great sound-wise. I use the Klipsch S4 headphones and although they are a little pricey at $80 (you can find them for less on ebay) and for the price, they sound great. There's also the Klipsch S2 headphones, less expensive at $50 but still good sound.

5. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I have the klipsch in ear headphones, i really like them.

6. ajarman

Thanks guys. I will check out Klipsch on eBay and amazon.

7. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I use the Bose AE2 over-the-ear headphones. They aren't noise canceling(but still muffle outside noise) so no need to replace batteries, great sound quality expected from Bose, and EXTREMELY comfortable.

I love my pair and highly recommend them!

8. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

try checking out SHURE, i have the kickers eb141 as well, sound great but uncomfortable as hell, i have to wear them backwards for them not to bother me

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well I have not worn Headphones in over 5 years But when I did I had 2 pairs of Sony MDR-V600's the same as most tv (Camera,director's) people Use.