1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What HID kit for my Chevy Truck? Hid kits

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by vince921, Sep 11, 2010.

1. vince921

vince921 New Member

Im shopping around and looking into buying HIDs but nothing is exactly vehicle specific so i was looking for recomendations from anyone who bought some or point me in the right direction~!

thanks
  2. Chevy Newby

Chevy Newby Rockstar

what type of truck you have? have you looked on stylinconcepts.com?
  3. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

you might wanna try wholesalehid.com
    i got my lights from them and it also came with a relay which is good for when you do this type of converstion and they got lifetime warranty
    at first when i received the package from the outside i was like wow i got something cheap but then when i opened them up i was actually impressed at the quality of the lights, ballast, and especially the relay.
    now though im thinking about getting 100w 6k bulbs i want to them brighter hah =P
  4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What i can say is it's all same **** but a different pile! 55w are bright, but not worth the extra money. Go with 35 watt with a relay harness. I have 6000k temperature and i like my colour, i wouldn't recommend anything over 8000k, as it starts to really diminish the light output for colour.

Good luck!
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I got my 55w 5000k off of ddmtuning.com and I love 'em, they have a large variety of bulb types and they come w/ a lifetime warranty.
  6. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

I like my DDM kits.
  7. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

ok just to get 55w you just pay anywhere from 10-20 dollars. you tell me how is that a waste of money? when you can clearly see a difference.now if you said something like."i personally think its a waste of money when people pay for the slim ballast because they do the exact same thing just in a slimer design that costs more."
  8. ippielb

The main reason why people buy HID's is for the colour of the light. I have 35 watt HID's and a buddy of mine has 55 watt. There is not THAT much of a difference between the two. There is a lot of conditions that will make the light appear different, dirty lenses, angle, brand of HID, but i personally don't think it is worth the extra money. And slim ballasts, are worthless.
  9. vince921

vince921 New Member

anyone running or seen headlights like these ? i think they would look kinda corny iunno

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

[​IMG]
  10. ippielb

If you can keep those lenses looking new, i would recommend those. They add a serious new look to your truck.