1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is everyones opinions on shock manufacturers.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Cody Glenn Cornell, Apr 18, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Cody Glenn Cornell

Cody Glenn Cornell New Member

I just stumbled upon another shock manufacturer called "King shocks" and they look and sound great from their site (Kingshocks.com). I've heard of blisteins, ranchos, procomp, etc. Who has what and what do you think of them? I'm a really picky guy and quality means everything to me and I'd like to build my truck to be the ultimate baddest 1500 4x4, so, that being said, quality is everything and I'll make the money to get whatever it takes to meet my goal. I'd like the shocks to go with a six inch lift and 33"-35" tires.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

King shocks is definitely up there near the top when it comes to quality. Baja racing teams often use King shocks on their vehicles. Their products are top notch but be prepared to pay for it. I'm still on the stock shocks so I don't have a preferred shock brand.
  3. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member 100 Posts

I've always had Monroe. But I haven't really had any big lifts..
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have king shock coilovers on the front of my Sierra and really like them. They also offer a coilover that go with Fabtech lifts. They have the numbers for size for that kit as well as another company. I think it was BDS but don't quote me on that one. IMG_20110329_164137.jpg
  5. Cody Glenn Cornell

I've been reading on shocks all day and I'm really leaning towards the king shocks, they're looking like the best out there right now. The price though, it'll take all my money from my summer job for em, know where I can get em cheaper? And if I can get some that'll adjust from stock to if I have a 6" lift?
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I ordered mine through 4wheel parts. When I ordered them I got them on sale. If you are going with a 6inch lift you will have to call them to order them or at least to get the part number. I don't believe they are adjustable to that height, I think they are a set height. Mine is basically a level kit. They are adjustable from 2- 3 inches. Camburg and Fox are other companies that make the same style of coilover. They may be a little cheaper.
  7. racekid91

racekid91 New Member 100 Posts

Check out Fox Shox's also.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What model year is your truck?? Makes a BIG differance with shocks.
  9. Cody Glenn Cornell

I see you have them on your ride. How long have you had em? Do they still ride great?(racekid91)
    And I have. 2009 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 LT
  10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A lifted truck, not a leveling kit truck does need longer shocks than the stock shock. Check out CST Suspension, they have a front coil over that I'm sure can be used later with there lift kit.