1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what is happening to my rims???

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by josh47j, Dec 10, 2008.

1. josh47j

josh47j New Member

my rims are bubbling and messing up please look and tell me whats happening

Attached Files:

2. josh47j

josh47j New Member

this is the only one that is haveing the problem the other 3 are fine. I bought the truck a month ago aint that some s**t.
  3. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

i suggest having them painted or powder coated that would be cheaper than buying new rims
  4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ooo thats rough. I would sand blast and powder coat if possible.
  5. bassalive

bassalive Rockstar 100 Posts

up here in snow man land thats a minor issue but can understand that u r pissed. take them to body man and get him to snd blast those babbies. POWDER COAT!
  6. venom909

venom909 New Member

Could be cat urine
  7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It looks like the pre cleaning was bad before the plating or electrolosis job was done. I would take them to who the original supplier was.
  8. jiujitsu

jiujitsu Rockstar

i would check with the manufacter of the rim and call them and tell them they might do something for you or a possible recall on the finish and before i'd powder coat i would price getting that rim dipped...around here its not all that much
  9. sweetdawg99

sweetdawg99 Rockstar

def looks like a manufacturer error to me
  10. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

depending on where you live that could also be salt eating through the finish directly through to the alloy metal. also but it should have been finished a little better than that too though , I agree with the others, you may want to find out who the manufacturer is and see if they can help you any. If it is left in your hands still i would polish the rim down to the pits and be sure to use Navel Jelly on the pits, that will keep them from rusting any more. then besure they are sealed well before you have them dipped or coated.