1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is is called?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by joesmo, Apr 29, 2009.

  1. joesmo

    joesmo New Member

    2006 Suburban has a black piece of plastic below the bumper. I thought it was an air dam (its like a spoiler). Michigan winters are tough on these, especiallly when I hit snow in parking lots <g>. I checked some locations, and can't seem to find one.

    It must be called something else. I tried finding an exploded parts view, but can't seem to find one.

    Anyone know its proper name and where I might find one?
  2. GaryL

    GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

    I believe it is called an air deflector. Check out www.gmpartsclub.com and see if they have what you need.

    Oh, and welcome to the site!!
  3. vncj96

    vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    Air dam was as far as I know, thats what I call it anyway.
  4. retired2001

    retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

    The term "valance" comes to mind, if it isn't an air dam.
  5. Jacqson

    Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

    I've heard it called both but I ve also heard it called the plastic thingy below the front bumper.

Share This Page