Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What is normal Oil Pressure for 2010 5.3L Silverado

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by alkaspeltzar, Dec 2, 2010.

1. alkaspeltzar

alkaspeltzar Member

I have a 2010 5.3L silverado. It has the 6 speed tranny in it. Just curious, I notice the oil pressure when warm is around 30psi, when driving at high speeds it is around 40psi. And when I step it down, it goes at it highest to 50-60 psi.

IS this normal?

Can others with a similar vehicle tell me what they are typically getting.

Just curious.

Thanks

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! Although I do not have the 6 speed tranny, your numbers react in a similar manner to mine. However, I think I am more like 35 at warm idle, 40 during normal driving, and 50 when stepping on it. Also, I am running 5w 30 synthetic....

3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

my 2008 5.3 runs about 30-35 psi when warm/hot at idle ... around 40-45 psi accelerating and cruising at highway speeds. I have notice it to peak at about 50-55 during wot. I run mobile one full synthetic 10w30 .. which is why it runs a little high due to thicker oil. i also have noticed the oil presurre gauge is not always accurate as my programmer reads it constant from the computer and the gauge sometimes can be off a little.

I have a 4 speed tranny which probably (i would assume) run a tad bit more rpms at cruising speed but I don't think it would cause too much difference in oil pressure.

4. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

My '10 GMC runs about the same. At warn idle it's just above 30 psi and around 40 to 43 at highway speeds. But i have never seen it go as high a 60 at WOT

5. alkaspeltzar

alkaspeltzar Member

Thanks guys, mine is the same. Good piece of mind! Thanks for taking alot