Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What is the best compliment you have gotten on your Chevy?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AutoAnything, Sep 13, 2012.

1. AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member 2 Years 100 Posts

With all the hard work and effort we put into making our trucks look custom, what is the best compliment you have ever received about your Chevy?

2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I a guy offer to buy my truck from me while I was washin her. Was talkin about how he loved all the mods I had already done to it. Of course I said no, but that was still pretty cool!

3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I was going thru the drive thru at Timmy Hortons and the woman in the truck behind me for the cashier to tell me my truck wa badass and paid for my breakfast...?)

4. AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Wow, both of those are great!!

5. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Well, I used to get compliments on my Suburban all the time.. Like TimTom, I've had guys pay for my in drive thru-s, and I would have guys come up to me all the time when they'd see my truck about how clean it was,etc... One great thing that was always said to me was "You're a girl... And THATS your truck??"

Also, i found this be a compliment as well... The first owner of my truck was a man who owned a car dealership and a motorcycle dealership. After it was a couple years old, he sold it to the man I bought it from. Well, I purchased it, i cleaned it up and did everything to it. When the original owner finally saw it after a few years, and had seen the changes I'd done to it, he would come to my work once a week to ask me if he could buy it back, and could let me pick anything off his lot.. At that time, I wanted t a diesel, but he had no Duramax's. But did have 2 Powerstroke's. I thought it was pretty cool considering he could drive whatever he wanted, but wanted my truck... Unfortunately, he has since passed away.. RIP Mr. Durand.

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When I drive my 65 I love all the older people coming up to me and talking. They love seeing a young guy like myself in love with old trucks n cars. It never gets old talking to someone every time I'm at the pump

7. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I get a lot of looks from people driving other OBS trucks. I was at the end of my driveway waiting for the bus one morning with my daughter. A newer truck pulled out of the street next to my driveway. The driver craned his neck so hard looking at my truck that he drove off into the grass.

I have had a few people shout out their truck windows at me telling me they liked my truck.

It's interesting to me... I have had other trucks that I thought were much more attention getting, but people seem to really take notice of this one. I have sort of regarded this one as a beater truck...

8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You know, I never really get compliments for my truck. Sure, people at work or some friends that see something new I have done will say or ask about it, and maybe say it's nice or whatever but honestly, good or bad, I'm not doing anything to my truck for the benefit of others or to get attention. I like to take pictures and share them and appreciate the compliments I get here, but I just enjoy looking at what my hard work has provided me. To me, my truck is an indication of goals being accomplished for a much brighter goal for my future. It's a reminder every day of my ultimate vision of a vehicle that will take me places I've always wanted to see and meet new and interesting people.

I hope that when the end result is a little closer to being fulfilled (because honestly, who ever gets done modding a vehicle?) that I'll still be able to use it for the purpose it will serve. And so, after making myself sound like a truck obsessed nut (because I am), if I have gotten a memorable comment or compliment on my truck, it went through one ear and out the other.

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I get looks at my truck all the time I love driving through Times Sq in NYC all the time.... avinwhiteout2.jpg My old Av I used to get I saw your truck in Truckin' or some other ad... florida truck pics 031_edited (Custom).jpg

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A few weeks ago a woman who I would guess was in her late 60's or early 70's was making her way back to her vehicle. As I was getting into my truck she stopped and took a moment to tell me she thought that I had a beautiful truck. This was in town (city) where I live, not out in the country where I often find myself on the weekends ... and her vehicle was an Acura RL.

That might have made sense to me out in the country, as I see country gals in trucks quite a bit. However, the combination of older, female, and city gal (based on what she drove and location) was so unusual that it made me feel a special sort of pride ... as it's usually older teenagers and younger men who stop and say something, be it for the transformer logos or the truck's aesthetics. Crossing gender, generational, and urban/rural boundaries just caught me completely off guard.