What is the best compliment you have gotten on your Chevy?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AutoAnything, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My wife told me the other day she's tired of people coming up to her when she's getting gas saying how much they love the color or the wheels or the truck in general. I tried to sympathize, but failed.

One thing I like anytime I take it back to the dealership for something is that the salesmen will usually walk over to look at it and at least one usually makes a comment. I even overheard the service manager talking about it to someone else when I was around the corner one time.

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've had few compliments on "how nice" was my truck was. This was several years ago before I had some body damamge and the interior started to show some wear. Funny thing is, at the time, I had zero mods. I just took care of it and kept it clean, inside and out. There really wasn't anything special about it but the compliments were nice.

3. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I spent $15,000 on a restoration paint job on my truck (took the body apart, soda blasted and machine sanded to metal, etc.) at THE customs shop in the Northwest. Had an artist put special art work on the back commemorating Strategic Air Command and the USO (I am a USO volunteer at Joint Base Lewis McChord). I would have to say compliments the most on the art work and the overall appearance of the truck. Replaced every piece of trim and exterior item and front and rear glass on the truck when it was repainted, so it looks brand new with some great art on the tail gate.

4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Most of my neighbors love it, more so when they know it is 12 years old; because other than the scratches and dents, they all tell me it looks brand new and that scratches and dents are expected when you hauled landscaping equipment, pulled trees out of the ground, ect.

Even the dealership comments on how well the paint has been taken care of because it shines more than the new trucks.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

In my '62 GMC, which is long gone --- :-( ... I was pulled over by a cop once who said that because I admitted I was speeding "a little bit", and he liked my truck, he wasn't going to give me a ticket.

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the same thing happen a few times in my lifted 95 silverado. I was pulled over because the officer wanted to ask about my truck and check it out. Kinda funny except when you are trying to get somewhere on time.

7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I think like nak said, keeping it clean makes a huge difference. I plan to keep this truck until it dies so taking care of it and making it how I want it is all for me. But its always nice when someone goes out of their way to give a compliment. I get a lot of,"hey nice truck dude compliments. And I'be never seen a work truck so shiny all the time. Lately I have been getting quite a few people commenting on my tires. The best was when I brought someone to get their car from a shop and all the guys working told them how much they liked them. Then asked where I got them.
    IMAG0458.jpg IMAG0459.jpg

8. Lerch98

Lerch98 New Member

My girlfriend is a ford girl. God Bless her anyway.
    She likes my Silverado and is always saying 'that is a nice truck'. I told her that she has Chevy envy.

9. Attacksz

Attacksz Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I haven't had big ones.. Mostly just other guys stopping by where I work to ask me about it. One older man stopped me in the middle of Main St. to ask if my headlights were "John Deere green".. that was the funniest. But other than that, just your run of the mill, "Nice truck" type comments.

10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I wasnt told this but assumed it was a compliment.:lol:I was driving up a 30mph street and a nice looking girl was walking and looked back at me as I began to pass her and I saw her mouth drop just as she tripped on an unlevel sidewalk block. She looked ok in the mirror but I bet was super embarrased.:sign0020: