1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is the best gift you received for Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Coach24, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Just curious of what folks remember as their best gift ever.
    Me? That is easy. My wife(of the time) informed me that the rabbit passed away.
    After three years of trying to kill that dern rabbit, we finally had success.
    Result you ask? Well...... My daughter is now 25 years old and as beautiful as ever. Stubborn but beautiful.
    Yes. I am wrapped around her finger but what's a father to do.
  2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

so far just receiving emails from family on Christmas while i was in iraq, the phones were being used so much that i never got a chance to call home, and even though we werent suppose to go out side of the wire since i was QRF we ended up having to, but the emails in general made up for a crappy day
  3. Coach24

Well let us hope this years Christmas will give you all the joy you deserve.
    Again Sarge, thanks for your part in allowing us to enjoy life.
    Now the joy I spoke of isn't that lady on tv. Lol
  4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

X2 Coach! Christmas is all about children and faith. My daughter is the center of my world. My faith is the only thing that makes me think I am worthy to be her father. As for stubborn, so is mine. She gets it from her dad. I bet the same is true for you .... LOL

Regardless, Merry Christmas from one mule-headed dad to another!
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

At the age of 9 I received an Ithaca 410ga shotgun (with junior stock). That's the most empowering gift you can give a boy who is responsible enough for it, as it is the power of life and death and comes complete with all the trust and responsibility such an instrument demands. My mindset was changed from that of a child to that of a young adult in that instant ... as the firearm (and thus the awesome power, trust, and responsibility) was mine and mine alone to command.

Today's world has changed in the urban and suburban sectors such that such a gift to a youth is just not possible. Now rural America is a different story, as young men still need tools that they can use to deal with varmints and the like.
  6. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

Out ran a sleet and snow storm to be at home with my parents for Christmas after a month on the road. Hour later when my sister and family made it safe from Iowa before the highways iced up, best gift ever. As a kid was Hot Wheels and a Chopper bike
  7. Coach24

Yup. My daughter was the only one who could push my buttons. She definitely is equipped with some of her dads genes.
    She sells law enforcement equipment and uniforms. Her customer service and preparations are spot on from dad, thankfully she didn't get her dads looks.
    Her passion for doing a job well done is a carbon copy of dad. Her humanitarian ways blow dad out of the water.
    She is my life, no matter what!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.
  8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

In 2006, the company I worked for had a little Christmas party at the office. The boss passed out envelopes to everybody and asked us not to open them until we left. I waited until I got home, and opened it up to find quite a bit of cash. That money is still in my savings account untouched. Meant a lot for me since I was the low guy on the totem pull at the time.

Other than that, waking up every day is enough of a gift for me. Remembering that is my Christmas day gift every year.
  9. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Fourty three years ago it was seeing the sun come up after spending a long time hunkered down in a bunker with my head between my legs kissing my ass good bye. Now it is being able to celebrate the holidays with the family in the manner of their true meaning in a sober fashion because of the gifts Alcoholic's Anonymous has given me.
  10. Coach24

Sounds like a good thing, Goldie . Many did not make it back for the holidays.
    Good to see you were one of the lucky guys who made it back.
    I did not need AA. Killing my friend while drunk was enough to kick the habit.
    While I usually spend holidays alone I find myself believing it could be worse.
    My hope is that everyone can have an enjoyable Christmas.