1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is the best rear sway bar?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by donyms, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Hey guy's and gal's, just a quick question. I am going to add a rear sway bar and I was wondering what is the best for my truck? How many of you have added one and how was the improvement with the body roll? Thanks in advance for your input. 2002 Silverado LS extended cab with 5.3 :glasses:
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

i know hellwig makes a great sway bar, and the price isnt too bad,been considering it myself, but still trying to weigh the pros and cons of adding a rear sway bar for my application. there should be a couple threads on here about rear sway bars
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Hotchkiss, Hellwig, Addco are some of the better brands. I have used all 3 and now have a Hellwig solid bar and end links on my 08 Avalanche Love it I drive the truck like a 3 Ton Vette...:happy:
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I was under the impression you were off-road a fair bit, like I am. I'm not sure a sway bar makes sense if that's the case. That's part of why I went with the Roadmaster Active Suspension ... I got a body roll reduction without adding a sway bar ties the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle together -- allowing for travel I need while off-road that I wouldn't have with a sway bar unless it was one of the hookable types that I could unhook prior to heading off-road. (And that'd be annoying, by the way.)
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

thats my concern, though the reality of my "offroading" primarily is in the sand at the beach, or the occasional late night journey with some friends into some backroads and muddy terrain which happens all of about once every two months or so.... which is my dilemma since all of that other time is on the road, i really dont ever get myself in any situation where i need much suspension flex, but i also dont want to ever be in the situation where, lets say, i do need it but i had added a sway bar....
  6. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Thanks guy's, I just ordered my Hellwig rear sway bar. I hope this will tame the body roll...... :great:
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

You will enjoy the new ride and Handling...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.