Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What is the in and out diameter of the 6.2L exhaust on my 2013 Siverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by QuickTrick, May 7, 2013.

1. QuickTrick

QuickTrick New Member

I just bought my 2013 MAX with the 6.2L under the hood. I am pretty impressed with it... but could be so much more impressed!:money:
    I bought it and had to go straight to work (waaaaaaaay out of town) for 3+ weeks, so I am online buying all the goods for a little upgrade. So far I have the K&N Filter coming in the mail and I am wanting to get a Borla Muffler too, but i am unsure of the diameter of the pipe? is it 2 in and 1 out or is it 1 in and 1 out? and which ever, is it the same in and out diameter? After that, I am really interested in the thoughts out there on the "BlackBear Performance Custom Tune?" Any thoughts? I have more questions but maybe I'll go slow so that you guys/gals dont get burnt out on me so Quik?

Thanks for tuning in,

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would contact @06MonteSS about a custom Diablew tune using a Diablo tuner. There are many guys here that have it and really like it. You will also have the ability to revert to stock tuning if needed. He does a custom tune using the programmer and saved data logs that you send him. He tweaks things, you log more data, he tweaks some more, etc..From what I gather, you get much more bang for your buck than you do with a black bear. Sorry I can't answer your exhaust question. You could always crawl under there and measure it. Have you considered a Corsa exhaust?

3. QuickTrick

QuickTrick New Member

I would crawl under but as I stated, I have been shipped out of town to work and am away from the truck. I havent looked into Corsa but have noticed an awful lot of folk on here saying they kick good ass! As far as Diablo vs BlackBear... and yes I have heard great things about both, but i cannot find 1 bad thing about BlackBear whereas there are a couple negatives about Diablo. BlackBear is less expensive and also has the ability to be set back to stock for warranty issues.

thanks,

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oh, I am sorry! I did not realize that you did not have the truck with you.

5. zippstripp

zippstripp Member 1 Year

Congrats on your new purchase. Any custom exhaust shop worth its salt could fix you up with a system that sounds as well as it performs.