1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what is the name of this part ?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by RATRODKING, Oct 12, 2012.

1. RATRODKING

RATRODKING Rockstar 100 Posts

guys,
    on my 1990 k1500 4x4 with 5.7 v-8, what is the part thats on the same bracket as the EGR vacuum solenoid and electronic spark control module ?
    its at the rear of the bracket on the passengers side, and has a green electrical connector and vacuum hose that goes to the back of the throttle body.

i have replaced everything except that part and the spark control module. including, EGR, EGR vacuum solenoid, TPS, IAC valve, knock sensor....
    while im at it i want to change that part, if i knew what it's called.

thanks
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Posting a picture of the part you are talking about may help get an answer. A picture is worth a thousand words.
  3. RATRODKING

RATRODKING Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks....
    been searching for a while and think i found it... MAP sensor....
    i have never worked on these newer trucks. lol. well, 22 year old trucks.. with all these sensors and electronics.. would hate to think about working on a modern truck...

thanks guys